ALPHARETTA, GA — In its ongoing effort to provide the best wireless service in Georgia, Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, continues to expand in Georgia with network enhancements in 11 cities during the third quarter of 2006, including 11 new cell sites. The company also opened three new retail stores in the third quarter in Bainbridge, Austell and Thomasville.
As a result of Verizon Wireless' continued commitment to provide the best network in Georgia, network coverage and capacity have been enhanced in the following areas:
New Cell Sites -
- Atlanta four new cell sites, including expansion of BroadbandAccess high speed network coverage and enhanced capacity in Fulton County, Marietta and Alpharetta
- Columbus a new cell site provides extended coverage along Hwy 80 in Crawford, AL
- Macon two new cell cites in the residential area of River North in Jones County and in the city of Warner Robins
- Statesboro a new cell site provides better coverage and capacity on Hwy 301 and the 301 bypass
- Washington a new tower improves coverage between Washington and Centerville, along US 78
- Dublin a new site provide better coverage south of I-16 along US 441 and north of McRae
- Manchester expanded capacity in the area
Network Capacity Enhancements -
- Leesburg enhanced coverage along Hwy 91
- Warner Robins expanded capacity in the area
- Washington expanded capacity in the area
- Lincolnton expanded capacity in the area
Verizon Wireless has invested $30 billion - on average $5 billion every year - since the company was formed six years ago to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new capabilities. In Georgia and Alabama, Verizon Wireless invested more than $112 million to date in 2006 in network enhancements and expansion to stay ahead of the growing demand for Verizon Wireless products and services in this area, including the company's exclusive V CAST service. V CAST brings TV, music and other multimedia services to wireless phones over Verizon Wireless' high-speed BroadbandAccess network. BroadbandAccess offers customers the nation's most reliable high-speed wireless broadband network, operating at average speeds between 400 kbps - 700 kbps.
Verizon Wireless is the industry leader in wireless customer loyalty. In the second quarter of 2006 (the most recent reported numbers), the company added 1.8 million net new customers and posted a record-breaking low customer turnover rate of 1.1%, well below the rate reported by the other major wireless carriers.
"Verizon Wireless leads in customer loyalty* for a very good reason-customers know they can count on our network reliability," said Jim McGean, Verizon Wireless Georgia/Alabama region president. "Our customer base continues to grow across Georgia and we are committed to do everything we can to deliver a convenient, superior customer experience wherever Georgians want to use their Verizon Wireless phone."
The company's most reliable wireless network claim is based on network studies performed by real-life test men and test women who inspired the company's national advertising campaign. These engineers conduct more than 750,000 voice call attempts and 1.4 million data tests quarterly on Verizon Wireless' and other national carriers' networks while traveling more than 225,000 miles in specially equipped, company owned test vehicles. If you are interested in setting up an interview or ride-along test drive with your local Verizon Wireless test man or woman, please contact Caran Smith at 678-339-4891 or email@example.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly-available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 54.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####