BASKING RIDGE, NJ — The holiday shopping season is in full swing and Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, offers tips for shoppers who are looking to give the gift of wireless this year:
- Start with the Network The most important decision when buying wireless service is this: Can this phone make and receive calls, will those calls stay connected and will it work in most places I want to use it? The best way to find out is to talk with friends, family and neighbors about the quality of their wireless service. Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, so customers receiving Verizon Wireless products this holiday season can use their new devices for calls, downloads and e-mail on-the-go.
- Shop Early Use the Verizon Wireless online store locator at www.verizonwireless.com to find out about store locations and extended holiday shopping hours before heading to the local Verizon Wireless store. Verizon Wireless owns and operates more than 2,200 Communications Stores nationwide that are fully staffed with sales and customer service representatives ready to answer your questions. If it's more convenient to shop online, order service, phones, and accessories at www.verizonwireless.com. Or call 1-800-2 JOIN IN.
- Get the Phone That "Fits" Identify the recipients' phone preferences are they a music lover, an executive, or a trend setter? Are they wishing for the latest, sleekest, most stylish handset, or hoping for a smartphone with e-mail capabilities and a full keyboard? Every Verizon Wireless handset and smartphone model available for use on the Verizon Wireless network first goes through rigorous laboratory and field testing to ensure they will deliver reliable wireless service at peak performance levels. A complete list of phones is available at www.verizonwireless.com.
- Personalize the Wireless Experience When purchasing wireless services, consider the recipient - - and match wireless services with these distinctive personalities. Verizon Wireless offers a wide range of services, from V CAST Music to VZ NavigatorSM to Get It Now® games and applications, to help everyone on your list personalize their wireless experience.
- Purchase Now, Activate Later Before purchasing a wireless device, make sure that you can delay activation until the present is opened. This will ensure that monthly charges will not be incurred until the phone has been unwrapped and is ready for use. Verizon Wireless lets customers purchase a phone and then select a date up until January 3, 2007 for the phone to be activated.
- Will This Gift Keep On Giving Before signing a new customer agreement, consider if the recipient currently has a plan or if they will be part of a Family SharePlan. Also, look at options that can be added, such as TXT Messaging bundles, insurance, and more. Verizon Wireless offers a high quality coast-to-coast network and a variety of calling plans to meet every need. All Verizon Wireless America's Choice® plans include Unlimited IN Calling to other Verizon Wireless customers, unlimited domestic long distance and unlimited nights and weekends calling from the America's Choice coverage area. A list of Verizon Wireless plans is available at www.verizonwireless.com.
- Gift Cards Are Perfect for Everyone on Your List If you have someone on your list who has everything or who is difficult to shop for, you can purchase a gift card and let them choose the perfect phone or accessory. Verizon Wireless gift cards can be used to shop online or at any Verizon Wireless store for anything Verizon Wireless has to offer, including phones, music, games, accessories and more. Any unused balance remains on the gift card until it is spent or the card expires.
- And Remember Those in Need Once the new phone is activated, help someone in need this holiday season by donating the old one. Year-round, Verizon Wireless, through its HopeLine® program, collects any and all brands of used wireless phones and accessories. HopeLine then refurbishes or recycles them, with proceeds from their sale benefiting victims of domestic violence and non-profit advocacy agencies that serve them. HopeLine donation boxes are located in all Verizon Wireless Communication Stores. For more information, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 57 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 60,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.