Verizon Wireless' award-winning VZ NavigatorSM service is a GPS-enabled Get It Now® application that transforms a customer's wireless handset into a powerful navigation device. With VZ Navigator, customers can get visual and audible directions to a destination, locate businesses and other places in an area, get a map of a location, bookmark favorites and recent searches, and even share locations with others.
VZ Navigator Facts
- VZ Navigator is available for $9.99 for unlimited monthly access or $2.99 for one-day use on select Get It Now-enabled phones.
- Spanish-speaking customers can also get directions in Spanish with the Language option.
- VZ Navigator is available today on the Motorola V325, MOTORAZR V3c and V3m, MOTOKRZR K1m, MOTOSLVR L7c and MOTORAZR maxx Ve; LG VX8300, VX8600, VX8700, VX9400, Chocolate, The V and The enV by LG; and the Samsung SCH-u540, SCH-u620, SCH-u720, and SCH-a990.
VZ Navigator Usage*
- Verizon Wireless customers use VZ Navigator the most on Saturdays, with more than one million transactions on a recent busy Saturday in March 2007. Customers use VZ Navigator least on Mondays.
- March 2007 was the busiest usage month for VZ Navigator, with Verizon Wireless customers mapping out more than 7.5 million trips.
- Verizon Wireless customers make more than 300,000 requests for directions between two addresses on the busiest days and more 7.5 million route requests monthly with VZ Navigator.
- Verizon Wireless customers request more than 250,000 maps daily on the busiest days and more than 6 million maps monthly with VZ Navigator.
- Of the 14 million "point of interest" searches available though VZ Navigator, customers download approximately 120,000 on a busy day and more than 2.5 million per month.
- Since the launch of VZ Navigator in January 2006, customers have searched more than 45 million routes, generated 50 million maps and requested 15 million points of interest searches.
*Usage data through March 31, 2007