WALNUT CREEK, CA — Wireless users in the North Valley are now experiencing increased coverage thanks to eight new Verizon Wireless cell sites.
Network coverage and call capacity have been improved near:
- Cool Along Highway 49 from Teichert Cool Cave to Catecroft Lame and surrounding area
- Kyburz Crystal Basin Recreational Area, Icehouse Reservoir and Union Valley Reservoir
- Placerville Highway 50 between Shingle Springs and Placerville; Along Highway 50 and surrounding area, including Apple Hill orchards and farms
- Pollock Pines Along Highway 50 between Sly Park Road and Cedar Grove exits and surrounding area
- Shingle Springs Along Shingle Springs Road from Elen Court to Mother Lode Drive and along Highway 50 from Greenstone exit to Shingles Springs exit
- Vacaville Area near California State Prison Solano; Orchard Shopping Center and surrounding area
"Our expansion is tied to our commitment to provide the best possible wireless experience for customers. It's just another way of ensuring that Verizon Wireless continues to be the leader in customer loyalty,*" said Rich Garwood, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
In an industry first, Verizon Wireless is putting customers in the driver's seat to take the nation's most reliable wireless network for a spin.
Verizon Wireless is the only major carrier with a 30-day network Test Drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $4 billion in its wireless network in California over the past seven years to stay ahead of the growth in demand for our products and services and to ensure the most reliable network in the industry.
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $40 billion since it was formed - more than $5 billion on average every year - to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new services.
For more information about Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####