DES MOINES, IA — Verizon Wireless, the only major carrier with a 30-day network test-drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier, announced today that it has activated eight new cell sites in Des Moines, Ames, Boone, Farrar and Polk City, Iowa.
These network enhancements improve coverage and enable more Verizon Wireless customers living in and visiting these areas to use their wireless phones to make calls; send and receive e-mail and text, picture and video messages; and download games and Ringtones while enjoying clearer reception and fewer dropped calls.
"These new cell sites represent our ongoing commitment to invest in our network in Iowa," said Nancy B. Clark, presidentGreat Plains Region, Verizon Wireless. "We continue to improve our network to meet the growing needs of our customers and to provide them with the reliable, high-quality service they expect from Verizon Wireless."
The following is a breakdown of the new coverage:
- In Des Moines-the new cell site near the intersection of State Highway 65 and Army Post Road improves coverage at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.
- In Des Moines-the new cell site near East 30th Street and University Avenue improves coverage at the Iowa State Fairgrounds, north to Washington Avenue and west to East 27th Street.
- In Des Moines-the new cell site near Fleur Drive and County Line Road improves coverage north to Army Post Road, south to Beardsley Street, east to Clover Hill Drive and west to 50th Avenue.
- In Ames-the new cell site located near Elwood Drive and U.S. Highway 30 improves coverage on the south side of town and along Airport Road near the Ames Municipal airport.
- In southeast Ames-the new cell site near South Dayton Avenue and East Lincoln Way improves coverage north to Ford Street, south to 250th St., east to 580th Avenue and west to Freel Drive.
- In Boone-the new cell site improves coverage in the downtown area.
- In Farrar-the new cell site provides improved coverage in the downtown area and along U.S. Highway 65 near the Chicaqua Wildlife Habitat Park.
- In Polk City-the new cell site improves coverage within the community.
Reliable service is fundamental to customer loyalty, and Verizon Wireless boasts the highest customer loyalty in the industry, as measured by the company's low percent of customer turnover.
"The value we offer our customers is closely tied to our industry-leading customer retention," Clark said. "Wireless consumers today understand that value is not defined by price alone. A major reason our customers choose Verizon Wireless and stay with us is because we offer the nation's most reliable network."
These new cell sites are part of Verizon Wireless' continual effort to expand coverage, improve capacity and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network in Iowa and throughout the country. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $40 billion since it was formed to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new services.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 63.7 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 68,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####