WALNUT CREEK, CA — Verizon Wireless encourages mobile users to mark Earth Day this year by taking advantage of wireless ways to "go green:"
- Sign Up For the Green Bill
- Verizon Wireless' Green Bill gives customers a useful way to access, organize and analyze their account information, while at the same time, saving paper by eliminating the monthly bill in your mailbox. To sign up, visit www.verizonwireless.com/myaccount.
- Recycle a No-Longer-Used Wireless Phone
- Stop by a Verizon Wireless Communications store and give your old wireless phones to the company's HopeLine® phone recycling program. The phones will be disposed of in an environmentally safe manner, or refurbished for resale and reuse, with proceeds going to victims of domestic violence. Wireless customers can drop off their old wireless phones and accessories at the following locations:
- 2741 Hill Crest Avenue, Antioch, CA 94509 - (925) 522-0480
- 804-B Southampton Road, Benecia, CA 94510 - (707) 746-7967
- 1109 University Ave., Berkeley, CA 94702 - (510) 540-7613
- 6471 Lonetree Way, Brentwood, CA 94513 - (925) 522-0480
- 410 El Cerrito Plaza, El Cerrito, CA 94530 - (510) 526-4573
- 3990 Hollis St., Emeryville, CA 94608 - (510) 547-3210
- 2428 Las Positas Road, Livermore, CA 94550 - (925) 245-0494
- 20 Crescent Drive, Ste E, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 - (925) 288-8855
- 6070 Johnson Drive, Ste. D, Pleasanton, CA 94588 - (925) 847-0320
- 1460 Stoneridge Mall Rd., Bldg. E, #103, Pleasanton, CA 94588 - (925) 224-9868
- 1933 Davis Street, Suite 115, San Leandro, CA 94577 (510) 729-6700
- 1141 Locust St., Walnut Creek, CA 94596 - (925) 988-6990
In 2007, Verizon Wireless collected more than 230,000 no-longer used phones through its HopeLine program in California.
- Unplug Your Charger When Its Not In Use
- Use a power strip for your wireless phone or PDA chargers, then make sure to switch it off when everything has been charged so you don't use "phantom" energy.
- Download or Preload Directions in VZ Navigator(SM) to Save Fuel When Traveling
- Not sure how to get where you're going? Using VZ Navigator to find the most direct route to your destination could help you save on fuel costs. But, in case you need to fill up along the way, use FuelFinder (on Mobile Web) to find the least expensive gas for your car.
- Work from Home -- or Elsewhere -- with BroadbandAccess
- Use Verizon Wireless' BroadbandAccess service to create a mobile office anywhere including your home and save on gas and other commuting costs.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, customers can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####