WALNUT CREEK, CA — Wireless users in more Bay Area locations are now experiencing expanded voice and data coverage thanks to the addition of seven new cell sites from Verizon Wireless, the carrier with the highest customer loyalty.
The new sites improve overall coverage and call capacity for customers in and around the following locations:
- Berkeley - near the intersection of Adeline and Martin Luther King
- Brentwood - area along the Highway 4 Bypass to Lone Tree Way
- Healdsburg - along Highway 101, north to Lytton Springs Road, south to Mill Street, and east to Dry Creek Road
- Livermore - along P Street north to Sunset and south to College Avenue, east from East Street and Maple, and west to Stanley and Murrieta
- Mount Hamilton - within the town of Mount Hamilton, replacing the existing analog repeater, at this location
- San Jose - within the south Milpitas and northeast San Jose areas
- Woodside - along Skyline Boulevard, including Kings Mountain Fire Station (where we previously had no service)
With the improved network coverage, customers can use their wireless phones and devices to make more calls; send and receive e-mail, text and multimedia messages; download music, games and ringtones; and view high-quality videos all while on-the-go.
The recent expansion adds to Verizon Wireless' $650 million dollar investment in California last year. Nationwide, the company has invested nearly $44 billion since it was formed $5.5 billion on average every year to increase the coverage and capacity of its national wireless network and to add services like BroadbandAccess, V CAST, VZ Navigator(SM), and many more.
Verizon Wireless is the most widely used brand of service in wireless. The company now serves more than 65.7 million customers nationwide. In the fourth quarter of 2007, the company delivered nearly 45 million text messages and completed 128 million downloads of music, videos, games, ringtones, and exclusive content, including 30 million video and music downloads.
"Our network expansion in the San Francisco Bay Area is just another example of how we invest our resources to stay ahead of demand and to make sure that our customers enjoy a superior wireless experience," said Rich Garwood, regional president of Verizon Wireless. "This consistent investment is a key reason Verizon Wireless has ranked first in customer loyalty in the industry in each of the last 13 quarters."
Other examples of company leadership include being first to offer nationwide unlimited calling plans and the only provider to offer a 30-day network "Test Drive" pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
For more information about the company's network coverage, Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####