IRVINE, CA — Wireless users in more Los Angeles County locations are now experiencing expanded voice and data coverage thanks to the addition of 13 new cell sites from Verizon Wireless.
The new sites improve 3G coverage and call capacity for customers in and around:
- Agoura Hills near intersection of Sierra Creek Road and Mulholland Highway and surrounding area
- Diamond Bar near intersection of Diamond Bar Boulevard and 57 Freeway and surrounding area
- Encino residential area near White Oak Canyon between Oxnard Street and Weddington Street
- Glendora near intersection of Loraine Avenue and Leadora Street and surrounding residential area
- Irwindale along Olive Street just past Maine Street in Baldwin Park
- La Puente near intersection of East Valley Boulevard and South Nogales Street and surrounding residential and commercial area
- Long Beach Pier J and surrounding pier, portion of Terminal Island and the Queen Mary
- Los Angeles along Hollywood Boulevard between Laurel Canyon Boulevard and La Brea Avenue, including residential area along Nichols Canyon Road
- Northridge near intersection of Chatsworth Street and Wilbur Avenue and surrounding area
- Pomona along 10 Freeway and Orange Grove Avenue
- Santa Fe Springs near intersection of Interstate 5 and Alondra Boulevard and surrounding area
- Torrance along 110 Freeway and surrounding business area
- West Hills north of Fallbrook/Roscoe intersection, including business area
The recent expansion adds to Verizon Wireless' $4.6 billion dollar investment in California since 2000. Nationwide the company has invested more than $48 billion since it was formed $5.5 billion on average every year to increase the coverage and capacity of its national wireless network and to add services like BroadbandAccess, V CAST, VZ Navigator(SM) and many more. The company now has the nation's largest 3G network.
Verizon Wireless is the most widely used brand of service in wireless. The company now serves more than 70.8 million customers nationwide. In the third quarter of 2008, the company delivered more than 80 billion text messages and completed 130 million downloads of music, videos, games, ringtones, and exclusive content, including 43.1 million video and music downloads.
"Our network expansion in California is just another example of how we invest to stay ahead of demand and to make sure that our customers enjoy a superior wireless experience," said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
"This consistent investment is a key reason Verizon Wireless has ranked first in customer loyalty in the industry in each of the last 15 quarters.*"
Other examples of company leadership include being first to offer nationwide plans with unlimited calling and the only provider to offer a 30-day network Test Drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
Verizon Wireless' reputation as the nation's most reliable wireless network is supported by industry-leading redundancy and maintenance measures. This has proven particularly valuable during natural disasters and other emergencies across the country. Standard Verizon Wireless network reliability features include battery back-up power at all facilities as well as generators installed at all switching facilities and many cell site locations. Only one wireless network is America's most reliable for calls, downloads and e-mails.
For more information about the company's network coverage, Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 70.8 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 71,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####