BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) announced today that the LG Versa™ will be available on the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and data network beginning March 1. With its elegant chrome border on a bar design, animated 3-inch touch screen interface with tactile feedback and an attachable QWERTY keypad, the LG Versa will be an MVP (Most Versatile Phone) for customers.
Customers can personalize their LG Versa phones based on their messaging needs – either attach the QWERTY keypad to their phones or leave the keypad at home. The LG Versa’s home screen is transformed into a sizzling, animated 3D interface and customers can quickly customize three different home screens with their favorite shortcuts. The built-in accelerometer rotates the screen automatically from portrait to landscape, and customers can use rotation movements to steer games. The HTML Web browser includes Flash and RSS feed support, and customers can keep up to three windows open and switch from one window to the other to view pages.
Additionally, the phone comes packed with Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music with Rhapsody and V CAST Video services. V CAST Music with Rhapsody allows customers to choose from more than 5 million songs over-the-air, download the master copy of their songs to their PCs free of digital rights management (DRM) software and sync their favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their LG Versa phones using the included USB cable. V CAST Video allows customers to download or stream video from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more.
The LG Versa supports productivity tools – such as Visual Voice Mail so they can prioritize their messages – while Verizon Wireless’ VZ Navigator(SM) service transforms the phone into a navigation device at a fraction of the cost of most GPS systems. In addition, the LG Versa is compatible with Mobile Broadband Connect to allow customers to use their phones as a modem by linking their laptops to their phones to establish a broadband connection anywhere within Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband rate and coverage area.
Additional features and capabilities of the LG Versa include:
- Virtual QWERTY keypad
- 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder with autofocus, flash and image editor
- SmartPic technology for improved image quality
- Camera resolutions: 1600 x 1200 (default), 1280 x 960, 800 x 400, 640 x 480, 320 x 240 pixels
- Face detection – automatically detect a face when taking a picture
- Zoom: up to 2x
- Image editor: zoom, rotate, crop, add frames and icons, and write over images
- Video resolutions: 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 176 x 144 pixels (default)
- Video recording time: 30 seconds for sending or up to one hour for saving
- Video player for WMV, MP4, 3GP, 3G2 formats
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sound, color effects, photometry, and self-timer
- Music Player –
- Music player for .mp3, .wma, unprotected .aac and unprotected .aac+ formats
- Multitask while playing music – hide player to send messages, edit contacts, and browse the Web
- Create and manage playlists
- Music Library – organized by artist, genre and album
- Music Only Mode (RF off except Bluetooth®)
- microSD™ memory port with up to 16 GB support (16 GB card available in mid-March)
- USB Mass Storage – transfer files between microSD card and PC
- Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) –
- Supported profiles: headset, hands-free (car kits), dial-up networking, stereo phonebook access, basic printing, object push (for vCard and vCal), file transfer, basic imaging, and human interface device
- Animated three-dimensional interface for home screens – customize up to three home screens with favorite features and applications
- Module home screen when QWERTY keypad is attached
- VZ Navigator-capable – get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location and share directions with others
- Chaperone® Child-capable – allows the LG Versa to have its location shared with family members via the Chaperone Web site, the Chaperone® Parent application or Child Zone® SMS alerts
- Chaperone® Parent-capable – with the Chaperone Parent application, customers can view location information or be notified of the whereabouts of the Chaperone Child phone
- Visual Voice Mail – delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions
- Mobile Web-capable – customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Mobile Email – access MSN® Hotmail®, America Online® and Yahoo! ® accounts to exchange e-mail
- Media Center-capable – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Mobile IM using AIM®, MSN, Yahoo!
- Auto Screen and Key Lock – prevents unwanted key actions
- 2.5 mm headset jack
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Supports threaded messaging
- Personal organizer with calculator, EZ Tip Calculator, calendar, alarm clock, stopwatch, world clock, notepad, and drawing pad with character recognition
- Speakerphone and voice commands
- Bilingual interface – English and Spanish
- Phonebook with up to 1,000 entries with multiple contacts
- In Case of Emergency contacts
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA
- Data transmission: EV-DO Revision A (Rev. A)
- Dimensions: 4.16” (h) x 2.07” (w) x 0.54” (d)
- Weight: 3.81 ounces
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T4
- SAR: head 1.38 W/kg, body 0.764 W/kg
- LCD: 262K color TFT, 480 x 240 pixels, 3.0”
- Ambient light sensor controls the brightness on the LCD according to surrounding light
- Proximity sensor turns LCD off when a customer is placing a call on the LG Versa
- External LCD: monochrome OLED, 56 x 120 pixels, 0.94” (only available on the QWERTY keypad attachment)
- Standard battery: 1,100 mAh
- Usage time: up to 290 minutes or
- Standby time: up to 430 hours
Pricing The LG Versa will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning March 1 for $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Customers can get the most out of their LG Versa with Verizon Wireless’ Nationwide Premium calling plan. Starting at $79.99 monthly access, the Nationwide Premium calling plan includes unlimited messaging, VZ Navigator, Mobile Email and V CAST VPak, plus unlimited megabytes for Mobile Web and Media Center. Mobile Broadband Connect can be added to their plans for $59.99 monthly access for 5 GB, and Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access, per line, plus airtime or megabyte charges and messaging fees, depending on a customer’s plan.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 80 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc. LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 82,000 people working in over 110 operations including 81 subsidiaries around the world. With 2007 global sales of USD 44 billion, LG is comprised of four business units – Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media. LG is the world’s leading producer of mobile handsets, flat panel TVs, air conditioners, front-loading washing machines, optical storage products, DVD players and home theater systems. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world’s leading provider of UMTS (WCDMA), CDMA and GSM handsets, which have been designed to improve the value of customer life. With a total range of wired and wireless solutions, the company is rapidly establishing a global presence and growing its international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.