DENVER, CO — In these uncertain times, smart consumers and businesses know that cutting costs doesn’t have to mean sacrificing quality and reliability. When it comes to wireless, you can get the most out of your service and save money by considering the following top-10 tips:
1. Make sure your price plan fits like a glove: Consider carefully how, when and where you plan to use your service. Family plans can offer significant savings on multiple lines. Customer care or in-store sales representatives can evaluate your price plan, usage history and recommend a plan that may save you money.
2. Friends & Family® option: At no extra charge on eligible plans, Verizon Wireless offers unlimited calls anytime to up to five or 10 numbers on any wireless or landline network in America without using your plan minutes.
3. Prepaid plans: For consumers new to wireless or not sure how much they will need to use their cell phone, prepaid plans are a great option.
4. Test drive your carrier: Make sure your provider will let you test the cell phone and service – and cancel if you’re not satisfied. You should be able to return your device and cancel service within 30 days of activation and pay no early-termination fee.
5. Text/Picture messaging bundles are best: Understanding your text and picture messaging habits can go a long way towards helping reduce your cell phone bill. Most carriers offer several options that can be added to your calling plan and save you money if you -- or a family member -- is a power “texter” or heavy picture messaging user. In network packages can start as low as $10 a month and include unlimited text, picture or video messaging.
6. Take control of your cell phone bill: Most carriers offer an option to monitor and manage your cell phone usage online. You should be able to review up-to-date information about account activity, monitor usage, add or remove features and even change price plans for free.
7. Consider cutting the cord: Many families and small businesses are discovering that the best way to cut overall telecommunications spending is to eliminate their landline phone and use wireless for their communications needs at home and on the go. Verizon Wireless offers unlimited “anytime minute” calling plans for as low as $99.99 a month, making it easy for those paying for both a landline phone and a wireless phone to “cut the cord.”
8. Ask your service provider about reward programs: Carriers want to keep your business! Customers on qualifying price plans should be eligible to receive discounts on new phones or in some cases a free cell phone -- when they renew their service.
9. Accessories are necessities: Ask about deals on essential items like hands-free headsets or car chargers that can help you get the most out of your cell phone.
10. Protect your valuable investment: Consider purchasing insurance to protect your investment if it’s lost, stolen or damaged. This peace of mind can cost as little as $0.20 a day.
“The bottom line for anyone looking to get the most for their money is value and reliability,” said Rich Garwood, regional president of Verizon Wireless. “If you can only call from limited areas or can’t complete your calls, then a low price doesn’t necessarily equal a good deal. How much is a good wireless network worth? In the case of Verizon Wireless, it’s more than $50 billion. That’s how much we’ve invested since 2000 to expand and enhance our nationwide wireless network.”
For more information about these top-10 ways to save or other Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ or contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 80 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.