BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless customers from coast to coast will have more opportunities to experience a high-tech, hands-on experience with the latest wireless voice, data, music and video services as Verizon Wireless rolls out its Evolution Store design in 560 additional locations nationwide in 2009.
“We will continue to make the best wireless shopping experience in the industry even better by introducing our Evolution Store design in new stores and converting additional existing stores throughout the remainder of the year,” said Jack Plating, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Verizon Wireless. “Our Evolution Stores are a hit with new and prospective customers who can get a hands-on experience with our innovative products and services and take advantage of our award-winning customer support, all in one convenient retail location.”
Introduced nationally last year, the fresh, new design will be featured in 830 company-owned Communications Stores nationwide by the end of the year (see below a list of Evolution Stores opened to date this year). The company also will introduce a new design that will give customers greater access to live phones at 28 free-standing company kiosk locations around the country.
The state-of-the-art Evolution Store design introduces new and innovative integrated systems, store configuration and operational enhancements designed to increase customer satisfaction and streamline the sales process. The newest innovation, introduced in all Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, is the company’s innovative and unique sales software system: SHOPP (Streamlined Hybrid Order Processing Path), which was developed exclusively by Verizon Wireless to speed the sales process. Additional store features include:
- Automated greeter kiosks where customers can check in and list their wireless needs so representatives can quickly assist them, allowing them to browse the store if there’s a wait, without losing their place in line.
- A dedicated demo zone that allows customers to explore, experiment and learn using interactive touch screen work stations or be guided by knowledgeable sales staff.
- A broad range of Verizon Wireless products and services that are on display. Unlike most other wireless retailers, this includes more than 70 working phones, smartphones, PC cards and other wireless devices that customers can examine and use to make live test calls.
- Expert sales, customer service and technical support representatives who are available and dedicated to providing the best customer experience in wireless.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
Editor’s Note: Broadcast-quality video and high-resolution images of Verizon Wireless’ Evolution Store design are available in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 80 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Evolution Stores Opened To Date In 2009
- Oro Valley, Ariz.
- Corona, Calif.
- El Monte, Calif.
- Glendora, Calif.
- La Jolla, Calif.
- San Francisco, Calif.
- Westwood/Los Angeles, Calif.
- Palm Harbor, Fla.
- Orlando, Fla.
- Covington, Ga.
- Smyrna, Ga.
- Evans, Ga.
- Portage, Ind.
- Hadley, Mass.
- Henderson, Nev.
- Hoboken, N.J.
- Newark, N.J.
- Burlington, N.C.
- Waynesville, N.C.
- Eugene , Ore.
- Stroudsburg, Pa.
- Humble, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- West Valley City, Utah