LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, NJ — From CTIA WIRELESS 2009®, Verizon Wireless, the leader in mobile music, today released its lists of the five most-purchased songs in several top V CAST Music categories.
Ed Ruth, director of digital music at Verizon, said, “We offer customers a diverse selection of music and our V CAST Music allows customers to choose from a library of more than 5 million songs, ranging from today’s most popular artists to independent artists across a variety of genres.”
The most purchased V CAST Music songs in the Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop and Pop genres between Jan. 1, 2009, and March 11, 2009, include:
- “Gotta Be Somebody,” by Nickelback
- “Something In Your Mouth,” by Nickelback
- “Second Chance,” by Shinedown
- “Addicted,” by Saving Abel
- “1, 2, 3, 4,” by Plain White T’s
- “Love Story,” by Taylor Swift
- “Chicken Fried,” by Zac Brown Band
- “White Horse,” by Taylor Swift
- “She’s Country,” by Jason Aldean
- “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore,” by Lady Antebellum
- “Right Round,” by Flo Rida
- “Kiss Me Thru The Phone,” by Soulja Boy Tell’em
- “Heartless,” by Kanye West
- “Crack A Bottle,” by Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent
- “Dead And Gone,” by T.I. & Justin Timberlake
- “Tonight,” by Jonas Brothers
- “Just Dance,” by Lady GaGa
- “Circus,” by Britney Spears
- “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It),” by Beyonce
- “I Don’t Care (Live) (Verizon Exclusive),” by Fall Out Boy
Verizon Wireless is a proven leader in mobile music and offers customers access to exclusive songs and more from its unique relationships with the hottest artists, exclusive music services and devices. Its flagship subscription-based music service – V CAST Music with Rhapsody – allows customers to purchase and download the vast majority of their full-track music to their PCs without digital rights management (DRM) restrictions.
For more information on mobile music from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com/music. To purchase music, visit the Verizon Media Store at www.mediastore.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 80 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.