BASKING RIDGE, NJ — The wireless phone in your hand does more than make calls. Most Verizon Wireless phones are chock-full of features and applications that can help make this Mother’s Day the best one ever. Here are a few ways to use your phone to show Mom you care:
- Plan a day of surprises by coordinating with siblings and grandchildren so Mom gets “I LUV U” text or picture messages throughout the day on May 10.
- Select a snazzy phone from the Verizon Wireless portfolio and set it up as pre-paid. Give the phone to Mom with a note that says you’re paying for the service for the year.
- Quietly take Mom’s mobile phone and update the In Case of Emergency numbers so you both have peace of mind.
- Set up your ringback tones as a jukebox with Mom’s favorite tunes from V CAST Music.
- Borrow Mom’s phone to snap photos of all her friends then create picture IDs for each in the contact list on her Verizon Wireless phone. Their photos will pop up to show Mom who is calling.
- Give Mom a microSD™ memory card filled with her favorite tunes and a Bluetooth® speaker so she can play music directly from her phone for everyone to enjoy.
- Make reservations – open the browser on your Verizon Wireless phone and go to the Web site of your favorite restaurant to make brunch reservations. Use VZ Navigator(SM) to get you and your family to Mother’s Day brunch.
- Use Mobile Web directly from your Verizon Wireless phone to get to Amazon.com, Overstock.com or eBay, and shop for a great gift for Mom, delivered just in time.
- Send an animated text message directly from your phone that features a character or animal telling Mom you care. Select Animated Messaging or MoGreet from Mobile Web to create your message.
- Traveling to see Mom? Use Vindigo to find restaurants, stores, bars, ATMs, museums, parking lots and more. The application also includes movie show times, local weather and concert schedules.
Additional charges may apply and compatible phones are required for ringback tones, messaging, the use of certain applications and Mobile Web. For more information about products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.