WHO:Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the most reliable voice and data network, including the nation’s largest wireless 3G broadband network
WHAT:Broadcast-quality B-Roll and high-resolution stills showing:
- Verizon Wireless’ ongoing preparations to ensure the year-round readiness and reliability of the company’s wireless network, including:
- Technicians inspecting cell sites and generators
- Test Men and Women monitoring the network in Test vehicles
- Emergency response vehicles ready to deploy to affected areas
- Wireless switches in use at the Verizon Wireless Network Operations Center, monitoring the network
- The Verizon Wireless Emergency Operations Center, which serves as a temporary customer service location in areas impacted by a disaster
- Verizon Wireless’ Cells on Wheels (COWs) and Cells on Light Trucks (COLTs), Repeaters on a Trailer (RATs) and Generators On a Trailer (GOaTs) that can be deployed to provide additional network capacity and emergency power
WHERE:The B-Roll and still images can be found at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
BACKGROUND: Verizon Wireless prepares year-round for natural disasters and other emergencies so customers can rely on the company's network to keep them and their families, friends and employees connected – even when the unexpected strikes.
This preparation keeps Verizon Wireless’ network up and running and its customers connected when they need it most in times of crisis. The company’s ongoing intensive investments and preparations proved critical during and after past years’ extraordinary storms when Verizon Wireless delivered top performance compared with other communication networks that were more adversely affected.
MORE INFO:Additional information about Verizon Wireless’ preparations for the 2009 hurricane season, including network information, consumer tips and Verizon Wireless spokesperson information can be found online in the Verizon Wireless Emergency Information Center at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news.html.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.