DENVER, CO — More Colorado residents, businesses and visitors are enjoying improved service thanks to new Verizon Wireless cell sites in the state. The sites expand 3G wireless coverage in the following communities:
- Delta – northwest of Delta, along Hwy 50 between Dominguez and Escalante
- Denver – two new sites improve coverage in the Montbello area and in residential areas near W. Yale Avenue and S. Federal Boulevard
- Frederick – including the cities of Firestone and Frederick
- Peaceful Valley – along Hwy 72, including Peaceful Valley Ranch
The increase in network coverage and capacity means more calls, e-mails, text and picture messages, plus expanded wireless access to the Web.
Verizon Wireless invested nearly $95 million in Colorado in 2008 to enhance service and coverage. Nationally, the company has invested more than $50 billion in its network since it was formed in 2000. The result is the nation’s largest, most reliable 3G network that powers services such as Mobile Broadband and E-mail.
Businesses of any size can tap into the power of Mobile Broadband. The service allows users to connect to the Internet wirelessly while on the go to download music over-the-air, and access e-mail or corporate data.
Small business owners interested in Mobile Broadband, and other wireless solutions, can visit http://smallbusiness.vzw.com where they will find:
- An online forum to share experiences and connect with other business owners
- Access to Small Business Specialists in each Verizon Wireless store
- Discounts and promotions to help businesses stretch their budgets
- Summaries of mobile solutions like e-mail, wireless Internet and Push to Talk service
- 24/7 tech support
Verizon Wireless tests its network and those of its competitors. The company determines if voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected.
Nationally, Verizon Wireless’ real-life test men and women drive about 90 specially equipped vehicles almost 1,000,000 miles annually. They drive on Interstate, U.S. and state highways, as well as major roads and streets in high-population areas, based upon U.S. Census counts. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than three million voice call attempts and more than 16 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless’ network and the networks of other carriers.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.