DALLAS, TX — Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the most reliable voice and data network, including the nation’s largest wireless 3G broadband network, announced today the completion of the South Area Alltel integration.
Verizon Wireless completed its purchase of Alltel in January and has spent the past six months integrating networks, preparing to convert billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service, and re-merchandising stores across the South including Texas.
Now Offering Company’s Award-Winning Network and Much More Former Alltel customers in markets to be retained by Verizon Wireless throughout the South now have access to Verizon Wireless’ leading lineup of devices and data services, and may visit Verizon Wireless stores across the country for sales and service. In addition, customers will enjoy:
- Service on the nation’s most reliable voice and data network, supported by a team of real-life test men and women driving the local roads to test network performance and determine areas for improvements.
- Faster speeds when accessing the Internet, email and corporate data as a result of upgrading the existing EV-DO network to Rev.A technology.
- Best-in-class devices including the BlackBerry® Storm™, Tour™ and other global smartphones; MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot, HP 1151NR netbooks, and many more, all backed by the nation’s largest most reliable nationwide voice and data network.
- High-value services, such as Friends and Family® (formerly My Circle), which offers customers unlimited voice calling to and from up to 10 numbers, including landlines; as well as other services like Push-To-Talk, V CAST and V CAST Music with Rhapsody.
- An expanded network of retail stores, including re-branded Alltel locations in the South as well as existing Verizon Wireless stores.
- Service provided by employees trained to sell the latest products and services, and provide the best customer service for continued customer loyalty. Verizon Wireless has the highest customer loyalty in the industry.
We’re in the Community As part of the integration, Verizon Wireless also is launching its HopeLine® Phone Recycling Program in former Alltel markets. Through the program, individuals can provide assistance to domestic violence victims, and agencies that help them, by donating no longer used wireless phones and accessories to be refurbished, recycled or sold. The proceeds benefit victims of domestic violence through agency grants and the donation of wireless phones and service.
“The bringing together of two great companies was carefully planned and executed with a goal to provide customers with the best that both Alltel and Verizon Wireless had to offer,” said Frank Antonacci, region president for Verizon Wireless. “We provide an outstanding value in wireless, offering the best network, best products and services and best customer service in the industry.”
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, or to find a Verizon Wireless Communications Store near you, go to www.verizonwireless.com.
Editor’s Note: To accompany a Verizon Wireless Test Man, tour a network facility or emergency command center, or obtain broadcast-quality video B-roll and still images of network operations/emergency preparations, contact Audrey Lundy at (972) 444-5516.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.