Verizon Wireless Offers Healthy Applications To Turn A Mobile Phone Into A Personal Trainer
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Summer is ending and there is no better time to begin healthy habits. Verizon Wireless customers can access multiple applications that help them stay healthy and in shape using their wireless phones.
- Bones in Motion records running, cycling and walking activities using GPS with maps, speed, distance, elevation, splits and calories. Save activities to a personal Web journal to view and share with friends. View local weather and current location.
- Diet Fitness Diary offers Calorie, Fat and Protein Counters that cover more than 500 food items; a Burn Meter containing more than 40 exercises; and a Body Mass Index tool. The diary also provides a cumulative summary of calorie intake and exercise for the previous three days.
- The Pill Phone provides critical information on a wide range of medications, including indications, dosing, side effects, drug interactions, and photos of medications. The Pill Phone also has the Medication Reminder feature, which allows for the scheduling of automatic reminders to ensure that doses are taken at the appropriate times.
- Healthy Body by AMA is an interactive guide where customers can work on getting a healthy body through diet and exercise. Healthy Body by AMA offers diet quizzes and ways to work towards a healthy body with a personalized plan.
- Howcast is a channel available on V CAST Video on Demand where customers can watch “how-to” videos. Howcast offers health and beauty tips through videos on V CAST Video-capable phones. The Howcast Channel can be found in the Information category in V CAST Video.
Bones in Motion, Diet Fitness Diary, The Pill Phone and Healthy Body by AMA are available for monthly subscriptions of $5.99, $2.49, $3.99 and $2.99 respectively and can be downloaded through the Media Center/Get It Now® on select Verizon Wireless phones. Airtime, data usage and messaging fees may apply during download and use of the applications. Unlimited Mobile Web usage is included with a $15.00 monthly V CAST VPak subscription, which also includes access to V CAST Video, V CAST Music and Media Center/Get It Now applications.
For more information about products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia