BASKING RIDGE, NJ — The nation’s most reliable wireless network gets even better with complimentary features and services from Verizon Wireless. With most wireless service options, Verizon Wireless customers not only get the security of the nation’s most reliable wireless network, but also a host of other features to enjoy at no additional charge, including:
- Basic Voice Mail – Records a caller’s message when there isn’t an answer, then provides an alert that a message has been left.
- Call Waiting – Alerts of an incoming call when the phone is in use.
- Call Forwarding – Forwards wireless calls to another phone number, including a home or office number.
- Caller ID – Displays the caller’s phone number or name on the phone screen.
- Caller ID Blocking – Permanently or temporarily blocks a number from being displayed through Caller ID.
- No Answer/Busy Transfer – Forwards incoming calls to another phone whenever the wireless phone is busy or remains unanswered after three or four rings.
- Clock with Alarm – Provides the time and the ability to set alarms with the built-in clock on mobile phones.
- Calendar and Calendar Alerts – Always know the date with built-in calendars, and add events and set reminders about important dates, events and meetings.
- # Features – Check key account information from the wireless phone, airtime free. Access the following info:
- #MIN: Check current month’s unbilled airtime usage
- #BAL: Check current account balance
- #DATA: Check current monthly usage of text, picture and video messages
- #PMT: Make a payment
- 3-Way Calling – Talk with two people at the same time.
- Content Filters – Use Parental Controls to manage the type of content available through mobile phones, including age-appropriate content accessible through Mobile Web, short code-based messaging campaigns, V CAST Music and V CAST Video.
- Spam Controls – Block unwanted messages through two services: Call & Message Blocking and Internet Spam Controls. These features block certain phone numbers and Internet addresses from contacting a wireless phone.
- Camera – Most Verizon Wireless feature phones are equipped with built-in cameras; some also include video capture capabilities.
- Talk hands-free – Most Verizon Wireless feature phones have Bluetooth® capabilities for headsets and/or speaker phones to allow for hands-free communication.
- Voice Dialing – Tell the phone who to call by speaking the name in the contact list or speaking the phone number.
- Speed Dialing – Assign contacts to keypad numbers for quick dialing.
- Picture ID – Assign pictures to contacts that appear when they call.
- Note Pad – Save notes, such as items to pick up at the grocery store, on the note pad for future reference.
- Phonebook – Store contact information, including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses, for hundreds of contacts.
- Calculator – Access the Calculator (some with Currency Converter) and Ez Tip Calculator on most Verizon Wireless phones.
- World Clock – See what time it is in cities across the globe.
- Stop Watch – Time sporting events, presentations, speeches and more.
- Online Account Management – With My Verizon, customers can:
- Manage wireless bills by checking usage of data, minutes and messages
- Sign up for Paperless Billing or Auto Pay
- View and pay wireless bills electronically
- Reset voice mail passwords
- Change billing addresses
- Modify plans and features
- Activate a new or existing phone
- Upgrade to a new phone
- Back up phone contacts using Backup Assistant
- Self-Serve On Your Phone – Post-pay customers can use My Verizon from their phones to:
- Check account balance
- Check usage: data, minutes and messages
- Make payments, manage payment accounts, and review last five payments
- View current plan and features
- Change voice mail password
- Activate and manage Friends & Family®
- Unlimited Calls to Over 80 Million People – Customers on Nationwide Calling plans of $39.99 or more enjoy unlimited Mobile to Mobile Calling any time of the day with America’s largest calling family of more than 80 million customers.
- Friends & Family – Customers on qualifying voice plans can identify five or 10 numbers as a Friends & Family calling group. Minutes used when placing or receiving calls to anyone in the calling group will not count against customers’ plan minutes and can include landline numbers or wireless numbers from another carrier.
These features are included at no additional charge, although some, such as Mobile to Mobile Calling, require minimum monthly plans of $39.99 monthly access. Convenience options, such as Call Waiting, Call Forwarding and 3-Way Calling, are also provided at no additional charge; however, customers’ use of these options count toward monthly plan minutes allowances.
For more information about products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.