BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless announced the new Verizon Wireless UMW190, a USB wireless modem developed by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, will be available today online at www.verizonwireless.com and through the company’s business sales channels. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores later this month. Perfect for business travelers and others who need to access the Internet and e-mail while on the go, the UMW190’s 3G capabilities offer high-speed Internet connectivity around the world through a combination of Dual-Band CDMA Revision A (Rev. A), Tri-Band UMTS/HSPA and Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE capabilities. Paired with Verizon Wireless’ easy-to-use VZAccess Manager software, the UMW190 offers simple “plug and play” installation and configuration.
Color/design: Stylish and compact black design with sliding cover
- Dual-Band CDMA Rev. A; Tri-Band (850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA) and Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (900/1800, 850/1900)
- Pre-installed SIM card
- Convenient USB connection
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista
- VZAccess Manager software
- Visual status indicator
- Built-in text messaging, an added communication option
- USB modem extension cable
Price and availability:
- The UMW190 will be available for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Verizon Wireless UMW190 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.