BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and BELLEVUE, Wash. — Verizon Wireless and HTC Corporation introduce the HTC Touch Pro2™, a global-capable smartphone designed for the busiest professionals and world travelers. The HTC Touch Pro2 features an extra-large 3.6-inch touch screen that tilts to an optimal viewing angle, an ergonomic slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and an advanced speakerphone with asymmetric speakers and advanced noise suppression to deliver customers a robust productivity experience. Created with the intuitive TouchFLO 3D user interface, data on the HTC Touch Pro2 can be easily accessed with just the touch of a finger.
Available color: Black
Key specifications and features:
- High-speed connectivity over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (1x/EV-DO Revision A 800/1900 MHz)
- Global connectivity to allow customers to access e-mail and data in more than 180 destinations and to use the phone for voice calling in more than 220 destinations (GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA/HSPA 2100 MHz)
- Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11 b/g)
- 3.6 inch WVGA resolution (480 x 800) tilting touch screen
- Advanced speakerphone with noise-cancelling technology
- 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture
- Touch-sensitive zoom bar
- Seamless connectivity with Microsoft® Exchange, Outlook and Office applications with Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Bluetooth® 2.1 with EDR and A2DP stereo
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7600A, 528 MHz
- Memory: 512 MB ROM, 288 MB RAM
- Dimensions: 4.57” x 2.33” x .68” (length x width x height)
- Weight: 6.3 ounces (with standard battery)
- Extended 1500 mAh battery for longer operation times
- Up to 5.3 hours of talk time (CDMA) or up to 13.5 days of standby time (CDMA)
- Linked contact view delivers e-mail, text message, call history, and even Flickr images and Facebook® updates to a single location
- Push Internet technology ensures that favorite Web sites are always ready for viewing at a moment’s notice
- 3.5 mm audio jack and stereo Bluetooth support to enjoy multimedia content through a variety of audio equipment
- Optional expandable microSD™ memory with up to 16 GB to store music, video, images, applications and other content
- Built-in GPS for VZ Navigator(SM), VZ Navigator(SM) Global and other location-based services and applications
Price and availability:
- The HTC Touch Pro2 will be available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an e-mail feature or e-mail plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Beginning Friday, customers can order the HTC Touch Pro2 online at www.verizonwireless.com, in business sales channels and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the HTC Touch Pro2 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About HTC HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry and continues to pioneer industry-leading mobile experiences through design, usability and innovation that is sparked by how the mobile phone can improve how people live and communicate. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit www.htc.com.