WHO:Verizon Wireless, the nation’s leading wireless provider
WHAT:Broadcast-quality B-Roll of:
- Church choirs from the New York/New Jersey and Houston areas performing during the How Sweet the Sound™ regional competition in Newark, N.J., on Sept. 25 and Houston on Sept. 9
- Marble Community Gospel Choir, winner in the large choir, V CAST People’s choice and overall winner categories at the N.J. show
- Resurrection Baptist Church, winner in the large choir and overall winner categories at the Houston show
- Crowds arriving and entering the sold-out events
- Emcees Donald Lawrence and Lisa Kimmey-Winans
- Award-winning gospel artist and judge Marvin Sapp
WHERE:The B-Roll is available at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
BACKGROUND:Verizon Wireless is once again searching for the best church choir in America in its How Sweet the Sound tour. Church choirs in 11 U.S. cities are currently competing in the regional round of the competition. The winning choir from each city will have an opportunity to represent that city in the How Sweet the Sound grand finale event and compete for the title of “The Best Church Choir in America” and up to $25,000 in cash and prizes.
Now in its second full year, How Sweet the Sound is much more than a singing competition – it is an opportunity to celebrate the unique ways that music connects people within communities.
For details on current winners and upcoming concert dates, go to www.HowSweetTheSound.com
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.