BASKING RIDGE, NJ and WHITE PLAINS, NY — Verizon Wireless and Nokia introduce the Nokia 2705 Shade™, a compact flip phone that fits in a pocket or purse for stylish connectivity. Available initially as an online exclusive, customers will have the option of purchasing the phone with or without a camera. The Nokia Shade also allows the customer to have the ability to choose the color of their choice with Xpress-on™ covers, sold separately.
- Large display on one of the smallest devices available at Verizon Wireless
- VZ Navigator(SM)-capable to give customers access to more than 15 million points of interest
- Connect in color with Xpress-on changeable covers (sold separately)
- Stylish and sleek with interchangeable covers for added personalization
- Stores up to 1,000 contacts
- Light-weight and easily fits into a pocket or purse
- Text, picture and voice messaging capabilities
- Up to 300 minutes of usage time or up to 360 hours of standby time
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- Bluetooth® compatible with support for the following Bluetooth profiles: headset, hands-free, phonebook access, basic printing, and object push (for vCard and vCalendar)
- Micro USB 2.0 compatible
- Access to Mobile Web
Price and availability:
- The Nokia Shade with camera will be available online beginning Oct. 6 at www.verizonwireless.com for $29.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers can purchase Xpress-on changeable covers in blue, red and purple for $19.99 by visiting www.verizonwireless.com.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month Because purple is the awareness color for domestic violence, those who purchase the Nokia Shade with a camera online during Domestic Violence Awareness Month will receive a free picture frame phone lanyard and a purple Nokia Xpress-on Cover while supplies last. Additionally, the Nokia Shade features pre-loaded wallpapers that highlight HopeLine®, Verizon Wireless’ phone recycling and reuse program, and it is the first Verizon Wireless phone to have #HOPE pre-programmed into the contact list. When customers dial #HOPE, they are connected to the National Domestic Violence Hotline, where they can receive information or help with domestic violence situations or questions. To learn more about Verizon Wireless’ efforts around Domestic Violence Awareness Month, visit www.verizonwireless.com/HopeLineDVAM.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Nokia 2705 Shade in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Nokia Nokia is a pioneer in mobile telecommunications and the world’s leading maker of mobile devices. Today, we are connecting people in new and different ways – fusing advanced mobile technology with personalized services to enable people to stay close to what matters to them. We also provide comprehensive digital map information through NAVTEQ; and equipment, solutions and services for communications networks through Nokia Siemens Networks.