ALPHARETTA, GA — Verizon Wireless announced today that it has completed key milestones in seamlessly converting the integration of former Alltel customers to Verizon Wireless in Augusta, Ga. These efforts include welcoming these customers onto the nation's largest and most reliable wireless voice and data network, the remodeling and rebranding of the Augusta retail location and managing a multi-million dollar conversion of network operations in Augusta and across the state. Verizon Wireless acquired Alltel in January.
Grand OpeningThe newly remodeled store at 2903 Washington Road is officially celebrating the switch from Alltel to Verizon Wireless with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Thursday, September 10 at 9 a.m., attended by the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce. Featuring Verizon Wireless' "Evolution" design elements, the new store includes large demo bars, technical support counters, electronic greeter kiosks and more to streamline and enhance the overall customer experience.
In honor of the integration completion and store opening, Verizon Wireless will present a $500 HopeLine® grant to Child Enrichment at the September 10 ribbon cutting ceremony. Child Enrichment is a non-profit organization that helps abused children overcome their experience and rebuild their lives. HopeLine is Verizon Wireless' exclusive nationwide phone recycling program that distributes previously owned wireless phones to victims of domestic violence, supports non-profit domestic violence advocacy groups and provides an environmentally safe method for recycling phones. No longer used phones from any carrier can be donated at any Verizon Wireless store.
CustomersFormer Alltel customers in Augusta already have been added to the Verizon Wireless Mobile to Mobile Calling family, and may now call any of the company's more than 87 million customers without using plan minutes. Other customer benefits include:
- Service on the nation's most reliable voice and data network, supported by a team of real-life test men and women driving the local roads to test network performance and determine areas for improvements.
- Service on the nation's most reliable voice and data network, supported by a team of real-life test men and women driving the local roads to test network performance.
- Faster speeds when accessing the Internet, e-mail and corporate data as a result of upgrading the existing EV-DO network to Rev. A technology.
- Best-in-class devices including the BlackBerry® Storm, Tour and other global smartphones; MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot, HP Mini Netbook, and many more, all backed by the nation's largest most reliable nationwide voice and data network.
- High-value services, such as Friends & Family® (formerly My Circle), which offers customers unlimited voice calling to and from up to 10 numbers, including landlines; as well as other services like Push to Talk, V CAST and V CAST Music with Rhapsody.
"The bringing together of two great companies was carefully planned and executed with a goal to provide Augusta's wireless customers with the best that both Alltel and Verizon Wireless offer," said Jeff Mango, president of the Georgia/Alabama Region, Verizon Wireless. "We provide an outstanding value in wireless, offering the best network, best products and services and best customer service in the industry."
Additional grand opening events for the new Augusta store that are taking place throughout the week of September 7 - 13 include live radio remotes, refreshments, and a 3-day sale offering customers special pricing on wireless devices Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The new Augusta Verizon Wireless store is open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. 7 p.m.; and Sunday Noon 5:00 p.m. The telephone number is (706) 738-0245.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, or to find a Verizon Wireless Communications Store near you, go to www.verizonwireless.com
(Editor's Note/Not for Publication: To accompany a Verizon Wireless Test Man, tour a network facility or emergency command center, or obtain broadcast-quality video B-roll and still images of network operations/emergency preparations, contact Caran Smith, PR Manager at (678) 339-4891.)
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####