BASKING RIDGE, NJ — For Verizon Wireless customers, taking phones to grandma’s house this Thanksgiving means they are not only taking the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and 3G network with them, they are also bringing tools they can use to manage their wireless accounts.
In a matter of minutes, customers can pay bills, change voice mail passwords, find answers to their questions, or check minute and data usage, all from their wireless phones.
- Customers can use My Verizon Handset, a free-of-charge service on their Mobile Web-enabled handsets to check balances; check minutes, message and kilobit (data) usage; make, manage and review payments; view current plan and features; change voice mail passwords; locate a Verizon Wireless Communications Store near them; and find answers to frequently asked questions related to billing, using voice mail, roaming and traveling.
- Customers can dial *611 + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones or 1-800-922-0204 from any phone, select option 1 and follow the prompts to pay their bill by phone. Customers may choose to securely store payment information so they can call in each month to quickly and easily pay their bills.
- Customers can check their balances by dialing #BAL (#225) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones to hear the details of their last five payment transactions, including the dates of payments and total balance paid. A text message with current balance information and last payment details, including the amount paid and the date the payment was received, will automatically be sent to customers’ wireless phones.
- Customers calling family and friends to wish them a happy Thanksgiving don’t need to worry about minutes because they can easily check their minutes used. To hear information about minutes used, customers can dial #MIN (#646) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones. Customers will also receive a free text message detailing minutes used.
- To stay on top of the number of text messages sent and received since the beginning of their billing cycle, customers can dial #DATA (#3282) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones to check data usage. Customers will also receive a free text message with usage information.
Customers who have access to a laptop can also manage their accounts online using My Verizon, the company’s online account management and customer service tool. My Verizon provides customers with 24/7 online access to all their billing, payment and account-related information and offers customers the ability to view and pay bills online through the company’s Green Bill, check account balances, change addresses, track airtime usage, analyze monthly spending trends or change account features. To access and register for My Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.
Verizon Wireless technicians work 365 days a year to expand coverage, increase capacity, and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion since it was formed in 2000. In 2008 alone, Verizon Wireless invested $6.5 billion to expand and advance its network.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving 89 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.