BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Twas’ the night of holiday splendor and all through the land, Verizon Wireless customers were buying cool apps with the DROID by Motorola in hand. This holiday season, customers can rely on the DROID by Motorola to help them ease holiday stress and manage demands of the season. Whether it's making a last-minute dinner reservation, comparison shopping for gifts, or even coming up with an exercise routine to stay fit in the midst of holiday feasts, this genius phone with access to thousands of applications and games from Android Market™ has Verizon Wireless customers covered.
Here are a few favorites:
- Frequent Flyers: If traveling this holiday season, the FlightStats app is a great way to keep track of flights and stay up to date on airport delays. If airport delays leave you restless, try the Bubble Wrap Game to virtually pop away frustrations with an endless supply of bubble wrap.
- Hostess with the Mostess: Before hosting a holiday party for family and friends, check out the Favorite Recipes app to search through thousands of recipes by ingredients, keywords and categories to help plan the perfect meal. If cooking isn’t part of the plan, use the OpenTable app to make instant dinner reservations at more than 10,000 restaurants.
- Lost and Found: Before attending a holiday party in an unfamiliar location, use the Google Maps Navigation (Beta) feature on the DROID by Motorola to get turn-by-turn directions to the destination.
- Savvy Shopper: Use the NexTag Mobile app to help compare prices on millions of products from thousands of online retailers. Search for products by keyword or use the built-in barcode scanner to quickly look up prices with the phone’s camera. And to be sure to avoid buyer’s remorse come January, manage bank accounts through Mobile Banking by Bank of America designed specifically for mobile phones. Check balances, transfer funds and pay bills.
- Shipping Around the Corner or Across the Country: Use Mobile Package Tracker to track shipments from FedEx Basic, FedEx SmartPost, United States Postal Service, DHL, UPS and TNT packages on the phone using the tracking numbers.
- Table Talk: Holiday bowl games are always an excuse to get together with friends and relatives and customers can use the SportsTap app for sports scores, news, pictures from recent games, full team schedules, trades and standings. For those needing to distract the conversation from a losing team, check out Google Sky Map and turn the DROID by Motorola into a window to the night sky. Point the phone up to see a map of the brightest stars, constellations, and planets in that part of the sky.
- Fitness Fanatic: Looking for a creative way to stay fit amid all of the holiday temptations? Use the CardioTrainer app to keep fitness routines on track. This app comes with a real-time pedometer-guided GPS and records path, climb, pace and calories.
- Play DJ with a Personal Holiday Playlist: Create a station with Pandora Radio app – the music genome selects songs based on voting and preferences.
Access thousands of free and paid apps right at your fingertips by clicking on the Android Market icon on the DROID by Motorola. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving 89 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.