WALNUT CREEK, CA — Santa Clara County residents, businesses and visitors are enjoying improved service thanks to three new Verizon Wireless cell sites. The sites expand 3G wireless coverage in:
- Santa Clara – coverage spans north to El Camino Real, south to Homestead Boulevard, east to Kiely Boulevard and west to Lawrence Expressway
- San Jose – coverage spans north and south on Highway 880, as well as east to Lundy Avenue and west to Zanker Road
- San Jose – coverage spans north to Georgetta Drive, south to Jacob Street, east to Cherry Avenue and west to Meridian Avenue
The increase in coverage and capacity means the network can carry more calls, e-mails, text and picture messages in more places, and offer greater wireless access to the Web.
The company’s ongoing network investment in California now totals nearly $5.7 billion. Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $55 billion since it was formed -- $5.5 billion on average every year -- to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. The result is the nation’s largest, most reliable 3G network that powers services such as Mobile Broadband and Mobile Email.
Businesses of any size can tap into the power of Mobile Broadband. The service allows users to connect to the Internet wirelessly while on the go to download music over-the-air, and access e-mail or corporate data.
Small business owners interested in Mobile Broadband, and other wireless solutions, can visit http://smallbusiness.vzw.com where they will find:
- An online forum to share experiences and connect with other business owners
- Access to Small Business Specialists in each Verizon Wireless store
- Discounts and promotions to help businesses stretch their budgets
- Summaries of mobile solutions like e-mail, wireless Internet and Push to Talk service
- 24/7 tech support
Verizon Wireless tests its network and those of its competitors. The company determines if voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected.
Nationally, Verizon Wireless’ real-life test men and women drive more than 90 specially equipped vehicles almost 1,000,000 miles annually. They drive on Interstate, U.S. and state highways, as well as major roads and streets in high-population areas, based upon U.S. Census counts. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than three million voice call attempts and more than 16 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless’ network and the networks of other carriers.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.