BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), today announced the LG Ally will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning May 20. The first Android device from LG, the Ally is the perfect assembly of futuristic, stylish design and 3G Android power for customers looking to tackle life's most challenging feats and everyday ventures. Verizon Wireless customers can pre-order the phone at www.verizonwireless.com beginning May 13.
- Ergonomic silver-and-black outer case
- Large 3.2" tempered glass touch screen featuring touch vibration for tactile feedback
- Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard with simultaneous touch screen capabilities
- microSD slot for up to 16 GB of memory
- Wi-Fi Enabled® (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with unlimited pairing and support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, stereo, audio/visual remote control, file transfer, phonebook access, basic printing and instant sharing of photos and videos
- Built-in MP3 and WMA music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features, as well as stereo sound via headset or Bluetooth
- One-touch speaker phone and speaker-independent voice commands
- Five customizable home screens with shortcuts to text messages, e-mail, apps, favorite social networking sites and widgets
- Access to up to 38,000 apps from around the world in Android Market
- Luminous sensor designed to adjust LCD backlight brightness depending on light conditions
- Proximity sensor instantly locks touch screen buttons while talking on the phone
- S-GPS support for enhanced location accuracy in addition to turn-by-turn directions from Google Maps
- Access to updates on Twitter, MySpace, Facebook®, etc.
- 3D App launcher and Live Wallpaper
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder with flash that includes:
- Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
- Zoom up to 4.0 times
- Macro Mode for detailed, up close pictures
- Panorama for three guided sequential shots
- Scene mode for auto, portrait, landscape, sports and night settings
- Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
- Customize brightness, white balance, shutter sounds, color effects and use a self-timer
- Choose between mute and unmute to record video with or without sound
- Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
- Video recording time up to 16 GB
Pricing and availability:
- The LG Ally will be available for pre-order online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning May 13. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on May 20. Pricing will be $99.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- LG Ally customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk Plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the LG Ally in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world's leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications CompanyThe LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.####