WALNUT CREEK, CA — To celebrate the diverse arts and entertainment rooted in Asian cultures, Verizon Wireless is bringing some of the biggest Chinese and Taiwanese musical names to fans during May’s Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (APAHM). The APAHM Concert Celebration Tour showcases the talents of Van Ness Wu, JJ Lin, and Evonne Hsu with concerts and in-store appearances in Seattle, New York City, Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles.
The APAHM Concert Celebration Tour is Verizon Wireless’ latest effort to support and celebrate the contributions of the Asian-American community. With more than eight percent of its employee base born of Asian or Asian American descent, Verizon Wireless is committed to supporting all its Asian employees and customers.
“We are excited to connect our customers with some of the biggest names on the Asian music scene,” said Kevin Zavaglia, region president for Verizon Wireless. “APAHM is a big deal for us. Enriching the communities in which we live and work is one of our core values.”
The APAHM Concert Celebration Tour includes the following events throughout May:
- Thursday, May 20: Autograph signing with Van Ness Wu and Evonne Hsu, in the Seattle University Verizon Wireless Store
- Friday, May 21: Concert featuring Van Ness Wu, Evonne Hsu, and Mike Relm in Seattle
- Sunday, May 23: Concert featuring Van Ness Wu, Evonne Hsu, and Mike Relm in New York
- Monday, May 24: Autograph signing with Van Ness Wu and Evonne Hsu in Flushing, N.Y., at Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailer HiPoint Wireless
- Tuesday, May 25: Autograph signing with JJ Lin, Evonne Hsu, and Mike Relm in the Germantown, Md., Verizon Wireless Store
- Wednesday, May 26: Concert featuring JJ Lin, Evonne Hsu, and Mike Relm in Washington, D.C.
- Thursday, May 27: Concert featuring JJ Lin, Evonne Hsu, and Mike Relm in San Francisco
- Friday, May 28: Autograph signing with JJ Lin and Evonne Hsu, in the San Francisco Market Street Verizon Wireless Store
- Saturday, May 29: Concert featuring JJ Lin, Evonne Hsu, and Mike Relm in Los Angeles
- Sunday, May 30: Autograph signing with JJ Lin and Evonne Hsu, in the Los Angeles Puente Hills Verizon Wireless Store
Fans are encouraged to bring no-longer-used wireless phones to the in-store autograph signing events for recycling through the company’s HopeLine® program and for a chance to win an autographed concert T-shirt from the featured artists. For details, please visit http://www.verizoninsider.com/apahm/hopeline.aspx. HopeLine is Verizon Wireless’ phone recycling and re-use program that supports domestic violence prevention agencies, including more than 20 organizations in the Bay Area. For more information about the HopeLine program, visit www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline.
For more information on the APAHM Concert Celebration Tour, including the locations and times of each event, visit www.verizoninsider.com/apahm.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.