COLEBROOK, NH — To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, 3G multimedia and Internet access in Coos County, New Hampshire, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network. Since 2000, the company has invested $2.6 billion into its New England network, including $192 million in 2009, and recently earned recognition from J.D. Power and Associates for “Highest Call Quality Performance among Wireless Cell Phone Users in the Northeast.”*
New cell site provides increased wireless voice and 3G data along Route 3, Route 26, Route 145 and VT Route 102 in Colebrook, as well as the surrounding towns and areas
- Expanded 3G data capacity in Colebrook lets more customers using notebook computers or smartphones:
- Download and use cool apps, from mobile social networking platforms to GPS-enabled maps
- Rapidly browse the Web to keep up with news, sports, stock quotes, Hollywood gossip and more
- Work on-the-go with fast file sharing
- Quickly download and play music favorites from Top 40 to Classical
- Send e-mails to friends, family and co-workers with picture and video attachments
- Download and play vivid 3D games
- Stream must-see video and customized radio stations
View from Verizon Wireless “People across New Hampshire are increasingly relying on smartphones and 3G apps to manage their busy lives and stay connected at home or on-the-go,” said director for Network Systems Performance for Verizon Wireless, Richard Enright. “The $2.6 billion we’ve invested into our New England network has kept us ahead of consumer trends, provided our customers a 3G advantage and underscored our belief that any mobile device is only as good as the network it runs on. Proactive and sustained investment has made Verizon Wireless the 3G leader in New England and nationwide.”
Harnessing the Capabilities of a Robust 3G NetworkVerizon Wireless’ 3G network powers many leading mobile multimedia services, including:
- Mobile Broadband Internet Access: Notebook computer users can access e-mail, download files and browse the Internet at broadband speed, downloading a one megabyte e-mail attachment – the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file – in about eight seconds and uploading it in less than 13 seconds.
- V CAST Video: V CAST multimedia services offer customers the ability to play cutting-edge 3-D games and stream video clips straight to their phones, as well as to watch dozens of on-demand videos, including breaking news, weather, sports highlights and the hottest entertainment clips.
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody: V CAST Music with Rhapsody service combines Verizon Wireless’ world-class, over-the-air mobile music service with Rhapsody’s leading desktop solution to deliver unlimited access to music.
Sustained Wireless InvestmentThe company has invested more than $59 billion since its inception to increase the wireless voice and data coverage of its national network and to add new 3G services like Mobile Broadband and V CAST. As the carrier with America's largest and most reliable wireless network, Verizon Wireless cell sites in New England provide 3G wireless data connectivity.
Engineering America’s Most Reliable Wireless NetworkThe company’s ‘America’s most reliable wireless network’ reputation is based on network studies performed by real-life test men and test women throughout the country. By traversing more than 1 million miles annually on Interstate, U.S. and state highways, as well as major roads and surface streets in high-population areas – the equivalent of two roundtrips to the moon or 40 trips around the world – the test men and women confirm that voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than 3.5 million voice call attempts and more than 19 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless' network and the networks of other carriers.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
*Verizon Wireless received the highest numerical score among wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Wireless Call Quality Performance Study(SM) – Vol. 1 Study based on 23,373 total responses measuring 4 providers in the Northeast Region (CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, RI, VT) and measures opinions of wireless users about the call quality of their service. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-December 2009. Your experience may vary. Visit jdpower.com.