HUDSON, NY — In response to growing demand for the company’s voice and data services, Verizon Wireless will open a new Communications Store in Hudson on Friday, August 13. The new 4,000-square-foot store, located in Greenport Commons at 462 Fairview Avenue, employs 10 people and incorporates an interactive retail design that invites customers to experience wireless voice, data, music and video services in a sleek, full-service environment.
The new store will be open Monday through Saturday, 9 am – 9 pm, and Sunday from 10 am – 6 pm. The telephone number is (518) 751-1050.
"The new store design focuses on giving our customers a hands-on experience with our products and services," said Krista Bourne, director of Communication Stores for Verizon Wireless’ Upstate New York Region. “Making it easy for customers to learn about and choose wireless capabilities is one more way we’re working to ensure Verizon Wireless continues to lead the industry in customer loyalty.”
About the store The new Hudson store features:
- A broad range of Verizon Wireless products and services on display, including more than 70 working phones, smartphones, PC cards and other wireless devices.
- An automated greeter kiosk where customers can check in and note the reason for their visit so representatives can quickly assist them, allowing them to browse the store if there’s a wait without losing their place in line.
- A dedicated demo zone where customers can explore the latest technology using interactive touch-screens or be guided by product-savvy sales staff.
- A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to make account payments and purchase prepaid minutes quickly and easily using cash, checks or credit/debit cards.
- Customer service and technical support to make it easy for customers to get the help they need from trained in-store staff.
Verizon Wireless customers in the Hudson Valley have the advantage when it comes to network speed, mobility and security – at home, in the office, and on vacation – all due to Verizon Wireless’ 3G high-speed wireless broadband network. Mobile Broadband provides average download speeds of 600 kilobits per second (kbps) to 1.4 megabits per second and average upload speeds of 500-800 kbps, translating to being able to download a 1 Megabyte e-mail attachment – the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file – in about eight seconds and upload the same-sized file in less than 13 seconds.
Verizon Wireless ensures the reliability of that network through continuous investment and enhancement. The company has invested more than $60 billion nationwide since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year – to increase network coverage and capacity, and to offer customers the most reliable service available in the nation. Verizon Wireless invested more than $100 million in Upstate New York in 2009.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.