BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and HAUPPAUGE, NY — Verizon Wireless and Pantech today announced the Pantech Crux™ will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores tomorrow. The Pantech Crux, developed by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, offers customers the perfect combination of simple, sleek and affordable features plus the reliability of Verizon Wireless’ network.
- Touch screen with 3.0” display
- Music player with external control keys
- Widgets that offer easy access to social networking services
- Pre-installed 1 GB microSD™ card – expandable to 32 GB
- Mobile IM and Mobile Email
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Home Key – Gives quick access to main home screen or allows customers to easily switch between currently open applications.
- Media Center – Download ringtones, wallpapers and games to your phone
- Skype mobile™ capable
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody® (subscription and PC downloads) – digital music service that allows customers to download soundtracks and albums or sync playlists with a PC
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
- Stereo Bluetooth® technology for wireless connections between electronic devices; connects to Bluetooth-enabled headsets and hands-free systems
- HTML Web browsing capabilities for news, sports, weather and e-mail, providing access to up-to-date information
- Social Networking Widget – Offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace™, plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
Pricing and availability:
- The Pantech Crux will be $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Pantech Crux in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About PantechPantech Group, through its affiliates – Pantech Co., Ltd., Pantech & Curitel Communications, Inc. and Pantech C&I Co. – is one of Korea’s top three mobile handset makers. Pantech has received wide-ranging industry recognition for its innovative handset designs, and has also introduced a significant number of breakthrough technologies in the mobile phone industry. Established in 1991, Pantech collectively has approximately 2,500 employees and 8 regional sales offices worldwide. For more information on Pantech, please visit www.pantech.com.