BASKING RIDGE, NJ — With travelers planning overseas getaways, Verizon Wireless advises customers that now is a good time to begin thinking about the wireless phone they will bring with them. Want to make calls back home? Want to stay connected via text messaging, email and get information daily on the web with a smartphone? Track data usage? Verizon Wireless can help travelers do all that and more.
Verizon Wireless today posted “Tips for Traveling Overseas,” the second in a series of videos advising customers on how to manage their wireless lives. In the video, Verizon Wireless representatives describe how customers can prepare their wireless phones for international travel and how to manage their data usage outside of the U.S.
Go Global With Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless offers a number of ways for customers to take their phones and their accounts overseas:
- Customers can make calls from any Verizon Wireless phone while visiting more than 40 countries worldwide, including popular travel destinations such as Mexico, Canada, China and India that use the same CDMA network technology as Verizon Wireless.
- Jetsetters with Verizon Wireless global phones or smartphones with a pre-installed and active global-capable SIM card can make calls, text and use data services in more than 205 countries. More than 125 countries offer 3G speeds.
- Customers arriving at most overseas destinations receive a free welcome text message from Verizon Wireless with helpful information for the country they are visiting, including dialing instructions (exit codes) from that country, and the toll free number to reach Verizon Wireless Global Technical Support.
- International travelers can manage roaming costs by being alerted via text message or e-mail when their Global Data Roaming charges exceed thresholds of $50, $200 and additional thresholds. Verizon Wireless Global Data Roaming Usage Alerts are automatically sent free of charge and do not count against customers’ messaging or data allowances.
- Travelers can call Verizon Wireless for assistance quickly and easily 24 hours a day by dialing + 1-908-559-4899 on GSM/UMTS networks. All calls are answered by Verizon Wireless representatives.
Verizon Wireless customers traveling outside of the U.S. should contact Verizon Wireless’ global customer support team at 1-800-922-0204 before embarking on their trip to ensure their phones have the right features for global usage.
Travelers who do not own a global-capable device can use the Global Travel Program, which allows customers temporary use of global-capable devices for the duration of their travels. Customers can keep their U.S. phone number and all global charges will be applied directly to their Verizon Wireless bills, without any daily rental fees. For more information about Verizon Wireless global phone and customer service, visit www.verizonwireless.com/global.
More Information Available
Verizon Wireless offers a variety of ways for customers to manage their wireless lives. Additional video guides highlighting tools customers can use are available:
- “It’s Easy To Track Your Wireless Usage,” which highlights easy ways to check and monitor usage, can be viewed on YouTube or in the Multimedia Library.
- Customers can also visit Verizon Wireless Support to view “How To” videos with step-by-step directions on different aspects of account management.
For more information about Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 94 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.