WHITEHALL, PA — In response to growing demand for the company’s voice and data services, Verizon Wireless has opened a new Communications Store on MacArthur Road in Whitehall Township. The new 6,900-square-foot store, located in the Whitehall Square shopping center, will employ 20 people and incorporate an interactive retail design that invites customers to experience wireless voice, data, music and video services in a sleek, full-service environment. The new store will be open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. – 9:00 p.m, and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. The telephone number is (610) 770-7970.
"In addition to the reliability of our 3G and 4G networks, we’re excited to bring a new store to the Lehigh Valley, which will focus on providing consumers with a hands-on experience with our products and services," said Ian Yahya, director of retail sales and operations for Verizon Wireless’ Philadelphia Tri-State Region. “Making it easy for customers to learn about and choose wireless capabilities is one more way we’re working to ensure Verizon Wireless continues to lead the industry in customer loyalty.”
About the storeThe new Lehigh Valley store features:
- A broad range of Verizon Wireless products and services on display, including more than 70 working phones, smartphones, PC cards and other wireless devices.
- The latest technology, including the Novatel MiFi® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot, Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot, HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon’s first 4G LTE smartphone and an impressive tablet lineup featuring the Samsung Galaxy Tab™, Motorola XOOM™ , iPad and iPad 2.
- An automated greeter kiosk where customers can check in and note the reason for their visit so representatives can quickly assist them, allowing them to browse the store if there’s a wait without losing their place in line.
- A dedicated demo zone where customers can explore the latest technology using interactive touch-screens or be guided by product-savvy sales staff.
- An ExpressBar which allows customers to process many transactions online via their MyVerizon account versus waiting for a sales rep.
- A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to make account payments and purchase prepaid minutes quickly and easily using cash, checks or credit/debit cards.
- Customer service and technical support to make it easy for customers to get the help they need from trained in-store staff, including a Device Specialist who will provide equipment and service training classes.
Verizon Wireless customers in the Lehigh Valley area have the advantage when it comes to network speed, mobility and security – at home, in the office, and on vacation – all due to Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE and 3G high-speed wireless broadband networks. Beginning April 21, customers located in Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton, the I-78 corridor, portions of Lehigh and Northampton counties, and Lehigh Valley International Airport will have access to Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE advanced, mobile broadband network which provides average speeds of 5-12 megabits per seconds (Mbps) on the downlink and 2-5 Mbps on the uplink in real-world, loaded network environments. These speeds will enable smooth mobile video-conferencing, multiple simultaneous video streams, rapid downloading, uploading and transfer of large files, and other applications to improve efficiency and productivity wirelessly.
4G LTE technology, enables workforces to work at faster speeds and reduced latency, hold wireless group video conferences in real-time, tap into most VPN networks with zero waiting, upload 10MB PowerPoint presentations in less than 25 seconds and browse the web at lightning-fast speed. Businesses will benefit through a reduction in cost, travel and time as the 4G LTE network connects their employees, devices, networks and applications at full strength.
Verizon Wireless ensures the reliability of that network through continuous investment and enhancement. The company has invested more than $65 billion nationwide since it was formed – $6 billion on average every year – to increase network coverage and capacity, and to offer customers the most reliable service available in the nation. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $1.5 billion in Philadelphia Tri-State Region alone.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.