LANCASTER, PA — In response to growing demand for the company’s voice and data services, Verizon Wireless has opened a new Communications Store on 1700 Fruitville Pike in Lancaster. The new 6,100-square-foot store in the Red Rose Commons shopping center will employ 19 people and incorporate an interactive retail design that invites customers to experience wireless voice, data, music and video services in a sleek, full-service environment. The new store will be open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. The telephone number is (717) 291-6591.
"In addition to the reliability of our 3G network, we’re excited to bring a new store to Lancaster, which will focus on providing consumers with a hands-on experience with our products and services," said Ian Yahya, director of retail sales and operations for Verizon Wireless’ Philadelphia Tri-State Region. “Making it easy for customers to learn about and choose a wireless capability is one more way we’re working to ensure Verizon Wireless continues to lead the industry in customer loyalty.”
About the storeThe new Lancaster store features:
- A broad range of Verizon Wireless products and services on display, including more than 70 working phones, smartphones, PC cards and other wireless devices.
- The latest technology, including a variety of mobile hotspots, the new Thunderbolt™ by HTC and an impressive tablet lineup featuring the Samsung Galaxy Tab™, Motorola XOOM™ , iPad and iPad 2.
- An automated greeter kiosk where customers can check in and note the reason for their visit so representatives can quickly assist them, allowing them to browse the store if there’s a wait without losing their place in line.
- A dedicated demo zone where customers can explore the latest technology using interactive touch-screens or be guided by product-savvy sales staff.
- An ExpressBar which allows customers to process many transactions online via their MyVerizon account versus waiting for a sales rep.
- A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to make account payments and purchase prepaid minutes quickly and easily using cash, checks or credit/debit cards.
- Customer service and technical support to make it easy for customers to get the help they need from trained in-store staff, including a Device Specialist who will provide equipment and service training classes.
Demonstrating its commitment to environmentally friendly business, the new store also features ENERGY STAR®-certified equipment, including energy efficient lighting, light-emitting diode (LED) exit signs, and motion sensors to activate lighting in portions of the store that are not in constant use, such as the storage rooms and back offices. Additional energy-saving initiatives include insulating water heaters and piping, and properly sealing the entire building structure and entry doors to prevent the loss of heated or cooled air. The store is currently in the process of being Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certified. Verizon Wireless has more LEED rated stores than any other wireless service provider, and is the first and only wireless service provider to join the LEED Volume Program.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at the new Lancaster store the morning of Tuesday, May 3 featuring members of the Lancaster business community. In addition, on Saturday, May 7, the new store will welcome the community to enjoy a day of fun for the entire family during its grand opening celebration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will feature a live broadcast from WLAN FM97 from noon to 2 p.m., food vendors, children’s entertainment including face painting and inflatable games and special offers on phones and accessories.
Verizon Wireless customers in the Lancaster area have the advantage when it comes to network speed, mobility and security – at home, in the office, and on vacation – all due to Verizon Wireless’ 3G high-speed wireless broadband network. The 3G network provides average download speeds of 600 kilobits per second (kbps) to 1.4 Mbps, and average upload speeds of 500-800 kbps.
Verizon Wireless ensures the reliability of that network through continuous investment and enhancement. The company has invested more than $65 billion nationwide since it was formed – $6 billion on average every year – to increase network coverage and capacity, and to offer customers the most reliable service available in the nation. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $1.5 billion in Philadelphia Tri-State Region alone.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.