DENVER, CO — Starting Thursday, more Verizon Wireless customers across the Denver metro area will be able to surf the web, download files and share music and photos up to 10 times faster than before with Verizon Wireless’ 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network. The expanded network coverage launches on May 19 and will be available to customers north to the E470 and I-25 interchange; south to the I-25 and US 85 interchange; west to the C470 and I-70 interchange; and east to the E470 and I-70 interchange. Cities and towns in the expanded Front Range coverage area include:
- Broomfield, Lafayette and Thornton
- Golden, Brighton and Parker
- Highlands Ranch and North Castle Pines
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network initially launched last December in Denver with coverage extending north to Commerce City and bounded on the south by C470. Boulder and the Denver International Airport were also included in the initial launch. Later this year, Ft. Collins and Colorado Springs will be added to the state’s 4G LTE coverage area.
“We are proud to help lead more of the Denver metro area into the wireless broadband world, helping residents, small businesses and local government connect faster and more fully with each other and those outside our community, said Melanie Braidich, regional president of Verizon Wireless. Our 4G LTE network is revolutionizing the way people communicate, and we know this connectivity will be a key communications and technology enabler for many years to come.”
Smartphones, Hotspots and Laptop Modems
Residents in more locations across the Denver metro area can choose from an array of devices that have already launched to access the blazingly fast speeds of the 4G LTE network, including:
- Just introduced on Saturday, the DROID Charge by Samsung features a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED™ Plus display, a rear-facing 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for both stills and video chatting, Android 2.2 platform, 1 GHz application processor, HTML 5 Web browser and Mobile Hotspot capability that lets customers share the 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or the 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices – available for $299.99 after discounts with a new 2-year customer agreement.
- ThunderBolt™ by HTC smartphone is powered by Android™ 2.2 and has an 8-megapixel rear facing camera and HD (720p) video recording, 1.3-megapixel front facing camera with video chatting capabilities, newest generation of the 1GHz Snapdragon processor and Mobile Hotspot capability that lets customers share the 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices – available for $249.99 after discounts with a new 2-year customer agreement.
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 4510L and the Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot SCH-LC11 let customers share the 4G LTE internet connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices at the same time – each available for $99.99 after discounts with a new 2-year customer agreement.
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE USB Modem 551L comes equipped with a fold-out USB connector, a four color LED Service Status Indicator and an internal antenna – available for $99.99 after discounts with a new 2-year customer agreement.
- The LG VL600 4G LTE modem comes equipped with a fixed USB connector, an LED Service Status Indicator and an internal antenna – available for $99.99 after discounts with a new 2-year customer agreement.
- Pantech’s UML290 USB modem comes equipped with a fold-away, 180 degree rotating USB connector, an LED Service Status Indicator and a internal antenna – available for $49.99 after discounts with a new 2-year customer agreement.
In real-world, fully-loaded network environments, 4G LTE users should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink, so customers from Golden to Parker and North Castle Pines to Brighton can enjoy the fast speeds of the world’s first large-scale 4G LTE network. Verizon Wireless began introducing the globe’s first large-scale LTE network on December 5, 2010, in 38 major metropolitan areas, covering more than 110 million Americans. When the company turns on additional communities this week, it will offer the world’s most advanced network in 55 metropolitan areas. The company is rapidly building out its 4G LTE network, and is on course to deliver 4G LTE to its entire 3G wireless footprint by the end of 2013. In addition, the company is working with rural communications companies to collaboratively build and operate a 4G network in those areas using the tower and backhaul assets of the rural company and Verizon Wireless’ core 4G LTE equipment and premium 700 MHz spectrum.
When customers travel outside of a 4G coverage area, the devices automatically connect to Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, enabling customers to stay connected from coast to coast. Verizon Wireless’ 3G network is the most reliable high-speed wireless data network in the country, allowing customers with laptops and smartphones to download and use cool apps, from mobile social networking platforms to GPS-enabled maps, rapidly browse the web to keep up with news, sports, stock quotes, Hollywood gossip and more, work on-the-go with fast file sharing and stream must-see video and customized radio stations.
4G LTE Data Plans and Pricing
With the DROID Charge by Samsung and the ThunderBolt by HTC, customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access and an Unlimited 4G LTE data plan is $29.99 monthly access.
4G LTE Mobile Broadband plans for the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 4510, Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot SCH-LC11, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE USB Modem 551L, LG VL600 4G LTE modem and Pantech UML290 USB modem begin at $50 monthly access for 5 GB of data. Data usage can be tracked by logging on to My Verizon online at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.
Visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte for more information about Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.