DALLAS, TX — As part of Verizon Wireless' ongoing commitment to its customers, the company recently activated 16 additional 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) cell sites throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. These site activations enhance data coverage, which enables more customers to use their wireless phones send and receive email and text, picture and video messages; view high-quality videos; access the Internet; and download music, games and ringtones nearly 10 times faster than before – all while enjoying clearer reception and fewer dropped calls.
“We’re committed to providing the best wireless 4G LTE network experience for our customers,” said region president said Frank Antonacci. “For the last six months, Metroplex customers have enjoyed the benefits of our 4G LTE network, and we will continue to make the strength of our 4G LTE network and our customers’ satisfaction a top priority.”
As Verizon Wireless continues to ramp up its 4G LTE network, which averages data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink in real-world settings, the company activated the following 4G LTE cell sites:
- Fort Worth:
- Enhances service along Interstate 20, McCart Avenue, Edgecliff Road, Seminary Road and Village Parkway.
- Enhances service along Bryant Irvin Road, Southwest Boulevard, Oakmont Boulevard and Bellaire Drive.
- Enhances service along Interstate 20, US Highway 377, Winscott Road and Tobie Layne Street.
- Enhances service along Interstate 30, Vickery Boulevard, Hulen Street, Bellaire Drive and Bryant Irvin Road.
- Enhances service along Interstate 20, South Bowen Road, Matlock Road, West Bardin Road and Eden Road.
- Enhances service along Parkway Boulevard, North Coppell Road, Lodge Road, Texas Highway 121 Bypass and South Heartz Road.
- Enhances service along East Ledbetter Drive, Houston School Road, South Polk Street, West Camp Wisdom Road and Interstate 35.
- Enhances service along West Kiest Boulevard, South Hampton Road, South Polk Street and West Ledbetter.
- Enhances service along U.S. Highway 175, South Loop 12, South Buckner Boulevard and Dowdy Ferry Road.
- Eight sites activated in Denton County provide service in Hickory Creek, Corinth, Shady Shores, Denton and Lake Dallas.
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $65 billion since it was formed—$6 billion on average every year—to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.