CAMPBELLTOWN, PA — To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, 3G multimedia and Internet access in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network.
- New cell site provides increased wireless voice and 3G data coverage and capacity for the Campbelltown area north along Schoolhouse Road and Bradford Street, south along Schoolhouse Road and Bachmanville Road, east along Bell Road to Route 117 and west along Stauffers Church Road to Bachmanville Road.
- Expanded 3G data coverage and capacity in Campbelltown lets more customers using notebook computers, smartphones or tablets:
- Download and use cool apps, from mobile social networking platforms to GPS-enabled maps
- Rapidly browse the web to keep up with news, sports, stock quotes, Hollywood gossip and more
- Work on-the-go with fast file sharing
- Quickly download and play music favorites from Top 40 to Classical
- Send e-mails to friends, family and co-workers with picture and video attachments
- Download and play vivid 3D games
- Stream must-see video and customized radio stations
View from Verizon Wireless "We've always believed even the most advanced cell phone is only as good as the network it runs on," said Mario Turco, president of Verizon Wireless’ Philadelphia Tri-State Region. "Our 3G high-speed Mobile Broadband network is the largest and most reliable in the United States, and we are the first wireless company on the globe to launch a sizeable LTE 4G footprint, covering more than 160 million people.”
Harnessing the Capabilities of a Robust 3G NetworkVerizon Wireless’ 3G network powers many leading mobile multimedia services, including:
- Mobile Broadband Internet Access: Notebook computer users can access e-mail, download files and browse the Internet at broadband speed, downloading a one megabyte e-mail attachment – the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file – in about eight seconds and uploading it in less than 13 seconds.
- V CAST Video: V CAST multimedia services offer customers the ability to play cutting-edge 3D games and stream video clips straight to their phones, as well as to watch dozens of on-demand videos, including breaking news, weather, sports highlights and the hottest entertainment clips.
In addition to enhancing its 3G network, Verizon Wireless has deployed its 4G LTE Network in 117 cities covering more than half the U.S. population. The company will continue to expand its 4G footprint to reach more than 185 million Americans by the end of 2011. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE wireless network is the fastest and most advanced 4G network in America and offers speeds up to 10 times faster than the current 3G network.
Sustained Wireless InvestmentThe company has invested more than $65 billion – $6.0 billion on average every year – since its inception to increase the wireless voice and data coverage of its national network and to add new 3G services like Mobile Broadband and V CAST. As the carrier with America's largest and most reliable wireless network, Verizon Wireless cell sites in the Philadelphia Tri-State Region provide 3G wireless data connectivity. The company’s ongoing network investment in the region now totals more than $1.7 billion.
Engineering America’s Most Reliable Wireless NetworkThe company’s ‘America’s most reliable wireless network’ reputation is based on network studies performed by test men and test women throughout the country. By traversing more than one million miles annually on Interstate, U.S. and state highways, as well as major roads and surface streets in high-population areas – the equivalent of two roundtrips to the moon or 40 trips around the world – the test men and women confirm that voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than 3.5 million voice call attempts and more than 19 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless' network and the networks of other carriers. In 2011, the company earned recognition from J.D. Power and Associates for “Highest Call Quality Performance among Wireless Cell Phone Users in the Mid-Atlantic Region.”
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.