BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and HAUPPAUGE, NY — Verizon Wireless and Pantech today announced the Pantech Hotshot™ will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Oct. 6.
The sleek Hotshot is a highly portable touchscreen basic phone designed to keep customers connected via voice, text and Web. Brought to market by Personal Communications Devices, LLC (PCD), the Hotshot has three home screens for customization, allowing customers to add favorite contacts, pictures and shortcuts to those screens. Additionally, Hotshot customers can view their favorite video clips and sports or news highlights using V CAST Video.
- 0.35-inch ultra-slim touchscreen design
- 3.2-inch LCD touch display for effortless navigation
- 3.2-megapixel camera and camcorder
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging and mobile instant messaging
- Opera Mini Browser for accessing news, sports, weather and email
- VZ Navigator® – receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share directions with others, includes access to mobile Web and email
- V CAST Tones – download ringtones and ringback tones
- 2 GB microSD™ card pre-installed
- Supports up to 32 GB microSD card
- Bluetooth® support includes dial up networking, basic imaging, basic printing, headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, object push for vCard and file transfer
Pricing and availability:
- The Pantech Hotshot will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Oct. 6 for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Pantech Hotshot™ in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About PantechPantech Co., Ltd., is one of Korea’s top three mobile handset makers. Pantech has received wide-ranging industry recognition for its innovative handset designs, and has also introduced a significant number of breakthrough technologies in the mobile phone industry. Established in 1991, Pantech collectively has approximately 3,000 employees and 6 regional sales offices worldwide. For more information on Pantech, please visit www.pantech.com.