ALPHARETTA, GA — Verizon Wireless is piloting a brand new retail store design in Atlanta. To offer its customers the ultimate hands-on experience, Verizon Wireless has renovated its North Point retail store to offer a new, expanded, state-of-the-art space at 7301 North Point Parkway in Alpharetta. The first in the country to pilot the company’s “Innovation Store” floor plan, the store is designed to accentuate the products and encourage customers to interact with the devices. The new store is open for business and will host an Open House with the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce on Friday, October 28 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The North Point Verizon Wireless store features the company’s open floor plan concept that removes the walls between the service area and sales floor, making the entire store one department designed to streamline the sales process and enhance the customer experience. The nearly 4,000-square-foot store showcases an interactive retail concept, and offers consumers a more high tech, hands-on experience, providing them with the latest and most innovative products and services. Among the store’s new features are:
- A Demo Zone featuring six oversized high-definition plasma screens offering the flexibility to showcase the latest wireless technology, videos and wireless workshops.
- A state-of-the-art Experience Fixture that act as hybrid showcase for the latest devices, featuring hands-on touch screens connected to the latest 4G wireless devices.
- More than 80 working handsets, air cards and other devices for customers to handle and test, many displayed on four themed, channel-set tables.
- The steel tables feature customizable fixtures that create a clean, modular look and provide customers easy access to the devices that fit their specific needs.
- Tablet check-in that enables customers to electronically keep their place in line while browsing the store. When they talk with a representative their account background and reason for visiting the store will already be keyed up on the customer-service computer.
- Fully stocked and expanded accessory zone that offers a wide-assortment of products to enhance the experience on all types of wireless devices.
- 12-foot Droid display showcasing the latest Android devices and accessories.
- Interactive Tablet Wall that displays a wide selection of 3G and 4G LTE tablets.
“We are very excited that the Atlanta area was chosen to trial this new, innovative store design. The renovated North Point store takes the wireless retail environment to the next level,” said Michelle Miller, director – Retail Sales, Verizon Wireless Georgia/Alabama Region. “Through our continued evolution of retail store design, Verizon Wireless exemplifies its commitment to providing our customers throughout Georgia with a unique and engaging shopping experience.”
Additional grand opening events for the Alpharetta community that are taking place throughout the weekend of Oct. 28 – 30 include live radio remotes, giveaways and special offers on select Android devices and accessories.
The North Point Verizon Wireless store is open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The telephone number is 770-643-8585. Verizon Wireless Communications Stores offer a premier line of digital wireless phones and tablets in all price ranges, data services and accessories.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.