ROCHESTER TOWNSHIP, OH — To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, 3G multimedia and Internet access, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network in portions of Lorain County, including Findley State Park.
The new cell site provides increased wireless voice and 3G data along State Route 58 from just south of the town of Wellington to Stewart Road, and along State Route 162 from Quarry Road east to just west of Hawley Road. In addition, coverage is improved throughout Findley State Park.
- Download and use apps, ranging from social networking platforms to GPS-enabled maps to Hollywood news;
- Rapidly browse the Web to keep up with news, sports, stock quotes, entertainment news and more;
- Work remotely with file sharing;
- Quickly download and play music favorites from Top 40 to Classical;
- Send emails to friends, family and co-workers with picture and video attachments;
- Download and play 3D games, and;
- Stream video and customized radio stations.
“People across Ohio are increasingly relying on smartphones and 3G applications to manage their busy lives and stay connected at home or on-the-go,” said Mark Frazier, president–Ohio/Pennsylvania/West Virginia Region, Verizon Wireless. “The nearly $2 billion we’ve invested into our Ohio network has kept us ahead of consumer trends, provided our customers a 3G advantage and underscored our belief that any mobile device is only as good as the network it runs on. Proactive and sustained investment has made Verizon Wireless the 3G leader in Ohio and nationwide.”
Harnessing the Capabilities of a Robust 3G Network
Verizon Wireless’ 3G network powers many leading mobile multimedia services, including:
- Mobile Broadband Internet Access: Notebook computer users can access e-mail, download files and browse the Internet at broadband speed, downloading a one megabyte e-mail attachment – the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file – in about eight seconds and uploading it in less than 13 seconds.
- V CAST Video: V CAST multimedia services offer customers the ability to play cutting-edge 3D games and stream video clips straight to their phones, as well as to watch dozens of on-demand videos, including breaking news, weather, sports highlights and entertainment clips.
In addition to enhancing its 3G network, Verizon Wireless has deployed its 4G LTE Network in 165 metropolitan areas across the country, covering more than 186 million Americans from coast to coast and surpassing the company’s goal of 185 million Americans by year-end. With two months still left in 2011, Verizon Wireless has no plans to slow down. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE wireless network is the fastest and most advanced 4G network in America and offers speeds up to 10 times faster than the current 3G network.
Sustained Wireless Investment
The company has invested more than $65 billion – $6 billion on average every year – since its inception to increase the wireless voice and data coverage of its national network and to add new 3G services like Mobile Broadband and V CAST. As the carrier with America's largest and most reliable wireless network, Verizon Wireless cell sites in Ohio provide 3G wireless data connectivity.
Engineering America’s Most Reliable Wireless Network
The company’s ‘America’s most reliable wireless network’ reputation is based on network studies performed by test men and test women throughout the country. By traversing more than one million miles annually on Interstate, U.S. and state highways, as well as major roads and surface streets in high-population areas–the equivalent of two roundtrips to the moon or 40 trips around the world–the test men and women confirm that voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than 3.5 million voice call attempts and more than 19 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless' network and the networks of other carriers.
For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in Ohio by following @VZWlaura on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwlaura. For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades, follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.