BASKING RIDGE, NJ — The trails are opening, and the powder is fresh. That means it’s becoming the most wonderful time of the year for skiers and snowboarders. This ski season, the Verizon Wireless network and winter-ready devices and applications make it easy to do everything from check ski conditions to stay in touch with fellow mountaineers at the lodge.
This past year, Verizon Wireless increased coverage and capacity on the nation’s largest and most reliable 3G network in and around popular ski and snowboarding destinations, including:
- California: The Village at Northstar and Sierra at Tahoe Resort in Lake Tahoe; and Snow Summit Ski Resort and Moonridge Ski Resort in Big Bear
- Colorado: Telluride Ski Resort in Telluride and near Eldora Mountain Resort in Nederland
- Michigan: Surrounding Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa in Thompsonville and Weldon
- Pennsylvania: Hidden Valley Resort in Hidden Valley and Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Seven Springs
If speeding down the slopes isn’t enough, customers can now enjoy America’s fastest and most reliable 4G network in the Cannonsburg Ski Area in Belmont, Mich.
Devices that Weather the Snow
Powder hounds who want to stay connected on the mountain need a device just as tough as they are to brave the elements. Designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, the global-ready CASIO® G’zOne Ravine® 2 basic phone and the CASIO® G’zOne Commando® smartphone, empower skiers and snowboarders to tackle their favorite runs on America’s most reliable 3G network. Meeting Military Standards 810G for immersion, water, shock and dust resistance, vibration, salt, fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude, and low and high temperature storage, these tough devices are ready for heavy outdoor use as well as après ski with their rugged good looks.
Snow-sational Skiing and Snowboarding Apps
By downloading exclusive Verizon Wireless applications available on a wide array of devices, customers can make the most of their ski trips with applications such as:
- VZ Navigator® – Customers can find their way to the slopes with turn-by-turn directions, avoid traffic, and locate ski shops for last minute equipment so they can maximize their time on the hill.
- Family Locator – Customers taking their families to a winter wonderland can stay informed in real-time about their kids’ and other account members’ whereabouts whether they are taking lessons on the teaching slopes or exploring the town.
- NFL Mobile – Customers won’t miss out on football action because they are in a winter frame of mind when they access the latest news, stats and scores from around the league while enjoying hot chocolate in the lodge (not available on basic phones).
Customers can visit the Verizon Wireless Media Store for specific application availability on Verizon Wireless devices.
Additionally, customers can access their favorite winter applications from Android Market™ on Android™ devices so they can hit the hills equipped with the latest trail and snow reports from applications such as:
- Ski & Snow Report – Customers have the ultimate ski guide at hand as they check out their favorite ski areas, get powder points highlighting new snowfall, view live ski cameras and five-day forecasts, and read first-hand reports from other skiers.
- Ski TrailMaps – Customers receive unlimited instant access to over 1,000 trail maps for ski areas in the United States, and all around the world, that may be downloaded to devices for anytime viewing on the most remote mountain redoubt.
- Satski – Customers enjoy GPS positioning and tracking, the ability to see where family and friends are skiing, resort information, real-time weather forecasts and information, and much more.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.