KNOXVILLE, TN — In an effort to help customers stay up-to-date with the smartphone revolution, Verizon Wireless will host free wireless workshops in the Knoxville area throughout the month of October. The local workshops will cover a wide variety of topics, including information on setting up email, navigating apps, customizing features and troubleshooting.
“We understand how intimidating it can be to master basic features and functions when you first get a new smartphone,” said Jerry Fountain, president for Verizon Wireless’ Carolinas/ Tennessee region. “The workshops help our customers maximize the capabilities of their devices, allowing them to enjoy the benefits of their smartphones.”
The sessions, which are held at local Verizon Wireless stores and are led by Verizon’s specially trained data experts, offer personalized, hands-on training to attendees at no cost. In addition to the in-store workshops, the company offers informative, easy-to-follow workshops online for those not able to attend in person.
Below are the dates, times and locations of upcoming workshops in the Knoxville area. To register for a workshop or to get more information, visit verizonwireless.com/workshops.
Android: Getting Started
- Sat., Oct. 13, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., 11511 Parkside Drive, Knoxville
- Sat., Oct. 20, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., 2430 Callahan Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912
Apple iPhone 4s Workshop
- Tues., Oct. 9, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., 739 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville
- Sat., Oct. 13, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., 2430 Callahan Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912
- Sat., Oct. 20, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., 11511 Parkside Drive, Knoxville
- Sat., Oct. 20, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., 739 Dolly Parton Parkway Sevierville
- Sat., Oct. 27, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., 739 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville
- Sat., Oct. 27, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., 2430 Callahan Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912
Samsung Galaxy S III Workshop
- Wed., Oct. 24, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., 11511 Parkside Drive, Knoxville
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 94.2 million retail customers, including 88.8 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 78,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia