WHO: Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network.
WHAT: Verizon Wireless has activated or expanded 4G LTE coverage in eight Indiana counties, expanding and filling in coverage on the high-speed data network for Boone, Henry, Ohio, Orange, Pulaski, Scott, Shelby and Monroe Counties at some of the state’s most popular tourist destinations and along major highways and state roads just in time for summer travel.
Verizon’s expanded and new coverage areas include the following:
- Greensboro – 4G LTE coverage in Greensboro and along I-70 and between Greensboro and Lewisville.
- Lexington – 4G LTE coverage in Lexington.
- Monroe County – 4G LTE expanded to Monroe Lake, Allens Creek State Recreation Area, and Hardin Ridge Recreation Area, and along State Road 446 in the southeastern corner of the county
- Paoli – 4G LTE coverage from French Lick and West Baden Springs into the town of Paoli along U.S. 150.
- Pulaski County – 4G LTE coverage extended for the entire county and covering Francesville, Medaryville and Winamac.
- Rising Sun – 4G LTE in Rising Sun coverage from Aberdeen on State Road 56 north and northeast and State Road 262 into Rising Sun.
- Shelbyville – 4G LTE coverage extending to the east and northeast side of Shelbyville and along I-74, State Road 9 and State Road 44.
- Spiceland – 4G LTE in Spiceland and along I-70.
- Whitestown – 4G LTE expanded to Whitestown, north to State Road 32, south down to State Road 334, west to I-65 and east to U.S. 421.
4G LTE lets Verizon Wireless customers use their 4G LTE-enabled devices to surf the Web, post status updates and photos, share music, and download files at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks.
WHERE: For street-level detail of coverage and more, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/4GLTE.
BACKGROUND: The Verizon 4G LTE network is now available to more than 287 million people across the U.S representing more than 95 percent of our 3G network.
For additional details on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network visit http://verizonwireless.com/lte. To see how the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is helping customers and businesses across the country with mobile lifestyle choices, visit the Verizon Wireless News Center.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 98.9 million retail customers, including 93.2 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 73,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news.html or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.