The Cubicle Chick’s Must-have Apps for Busy Parents
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
There’s so much for busy parents to juggle in today’s hectic world; kids, family, work - the list goes on and on. Having a smartphone and some apps at the ready, however, can provide some much-needed assistance. St. Louis blogger The Cubicle Chick, also known as Danyelle Little, is an expert in work-life balance and keeping everything in perspective while on the move. See below for her top five must-have apps for the busy parent.
1. Evernote -- Evernote is my best friend, really. Everything I need is in my Evernote, including to-do lists, tasks and outlines for projects. It’s like an assistant that keeps you organized and well running. It keeps me on the ball and for that, I am grateful.
2. Open Table -- Looking for a new restaurant to try on date night? Need to make reservations at your favorite bistro? Open Table can handle that. It’s my Girl Friday, as it handles all of my dining options and needs. You also earn points each time you book a reservation and over time you can earn money to use at participating restaurants. How cool is that?
3. Dropbox -- To access important documents and shared files, Dropbox is my go to. You can utilize it on your computer and then access any of the items located in Dropbox on your phone with the app. I use it to download the class list from my daughter’s school, get the supply list from her art class and so much more. It really helps in a pinch.
4. Chronos -- Need to know how much time you are spending on certain activities and projects? Chronos lets you know so you can better organize and schedule your time. It’s a great way to harness your time management so you can spend time on the things that are most important to you.
5. Allrecipes -- Being on the go can often mean forgetting about dinner, but the family’s got to eat. Allrecipes to the rescue! This app is my sanity saver. You can look for recipes by ingredient, which means that when I just have bell peppers and tomatoes in the fridge, I can still whip up a decent meal.
This is part the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.