More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
As a Verizon Wireless employee with a reputation as a very big baseball fan, my friends, relatives, co-workers and even strangers who learn of my passion for the game ask me about must-have apps for baseball.
1. MLB.com At Bat – Besides the apps I use for business, this one is my go-to for baseball. Current scores and news combined with standings, stats and video make this a must–have; not to mention it’s a stellar resource for fantasy baseball with player information. Plus, I can purchase tickets with this app, which is great for when I’m traveling and want to see a new ballpark.
2. Baseball Reference Mobile App – This app has it all. It’s the be-all, end-all for stats, player information, standings, box scores, managers, teams, news and rankings. It even has a section for the minor leagues and drafts through the years.
3. ESPN Fantasy Baseball – This is my go-to source for fantasy teams (yes, that is plural). When I need to make an adjustment to my lineups or need a spot starter to gain a few strikeouts, this app puts me in the batter’s box.
4. Joel’s Baseball Trivia – A series of fun quizzes tests my knowledge about America’s pastime with questions like, “Who is the youngest player to ever play Major League baseball?”
5. MLB.com At the Ballpark – What are the dimensions of the ballpark? What is Tampa Bay’s schedule? What is the best way to get to the game? What is the intro song to my favorite player? This is the app that answers all my questions.
When I go to a ball game, I have my device or tablet with me and it helps me get more engaged and involved, whether I am talking with a friend or the fan sitting a row ahead of me.
This is part the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use everyday to embrace the mobile lifestyle.