Verizon Wireless continued its reinvention of the retail experience with the opening of its second Destination Store on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile at 840 N. Michigan Avenue today, November 15, 2014.
Chicago’s own Academy- and GRAMMY Award-winning artist, Jennifer Hudson, was the first customer to experience the 10,000 square-foot, two floor technology retail playground. Vine stars Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson of “Jack and Jack,” and social media phenomenon Matthew Lee Espinosa were also on hand to experience the tech products available in the seven interactive lifestyle zones throughout the store.
Largest Verizon Wireless Store in the Country
This Destination Store is the largest Verizon Wireless store in the country. It includes a state-of-the-art Wireless Workshop area that is free for customers interested in learning tips and techniques for using new products and devices. It also includes lifestyle zones where customers can engage with specialists and experience wireless gadgets, apps and tech gear, running on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. The lifestyle zones include:
- Get Fit – for the active sports and fitness buff
- Amplify It – for the music aficionado
- Have Fun – for gamers
- Home and On The Go – for home monitoring and energy management
- Anywhere Business – for the mobile professional and entrepreneur
- Customize It – for making a style statement for your smartphone accessory
- Power Zone – for finding solutions to make sure you never lose battery power unexpectedly
“Our new retail experience is designed to engage customers and help them discover the many ways they can use wireless technology to enhance and enrich their daily lives,” said Chris Baron, president, Verizon Wireless Midwest Area.
Staffed to Educate, Inform, Inspire
Designed with keeping the customer experience at the core of each visit, the Destination Store’s 90 employees include:
- Experience Specialists who guide customers as they explore the store, showcasing new tech solutions in lifestyle zones.
- Solution Specialists who provide product expertise and recommend customized solutions for each individual.
- Education Specialists who are the technology teachers of the store.
- Business Specialists who will customize solutions for businesses of all sizes.
“Verizon is dedicated to creating the best, most helpful customer experience possible,” said Brian Pascoe, president, Verizon Wireless Illinois/Wisconsin Region. “We are focused on using the right balance of technology and hands-on support to create a positive interaction for our customers every time whether they come into a store, call us or visit us online.”
In conjunction with the Destination Store opening, Verizon Wireless donated $250,000 to WINGS Metro, a domestic violence shelter being built on the city’s south side. This is made possible through the company's HopeLine® program, which provides funds and support to domestic violence prevention and service programs throughout the country.
The company opened its first Destination Store at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn. last November and will be opening the doors at its next Destination Store later this month in Houston.