The holiday season is fast approaching. While some people may be thinking about decking the halls with boughs of holly, many consumers are preparing for the stress of holiday shopping.
According to eMarketer, total sales during the holiday season are expected to reach $863 billion this year, up from $822 billion in 2013. Additionally, mobility is gaining significance with e-commerce expected to reach $72.4 billion compared to the $62.1 billion spent last year. A recent Deloitte study also shows that 84 percent of shoppers use digital tools before and during trips to a store.
The numbers all point to the prevalent trend of consumers shopping on their mobile devices. With m-commerce continuously on the rise, here are some apps that can help make holiday shopping a little less stressful.
- CouponCabin – Save money at your favorite stores and brands with promo codes and printable coupons. CouponCabin frequently updates thousands of coupons and alerts you with local deals nearby. The app also has the option to convert paper coupons and loyalty cards to digital formats allowing for easy access via mobile device. Additional features include alerts and calendar reminders for soon-to-expire coupons, a “favorites” tool for quick access and the ability to share deals with family and friends.
- RedLaser – Using RedLaser, you can scan barcodes or use the search bar to find the best deal online or in stores. The app also provides access to product reviews and store information, such as an in-store map, store hours and locations. Other features include creating shopping and wish lists that can be shared with friends and family, and the option to find alternative items and accessories for products viewed.
- Real Simple Gift Guide – Every shopping list has that one person who is particularly difficult to shop for. Fortunately, the Real Simple Gift Guide provides many surprising and affordable gift suggestions even the most picky person on your list will like. The app even categorizes the gift guide for gender, age, pet lovers and hostesses for added convenience.
- Shopadvisor – Scan barcodes and magazines with Shopadvisor to get access to product reviews, pricing history and availability. You can also save items to create a shopping list and receive alerts when it’s the right time to buy a specific product. The app monitors product availability so you can check where an item is available and its pricing history so you know where to find the best deals.
- Goodbudget – Just because it’s the holiday season doesn’t mean you have to break your budget. The app uses a virtual envelope system so you can set your budget ahead of time and receive updates on your balance. It also tracks your bank balances and allows you to create an income versus spending report to keep track of how much you spent.
Data usage applies for app download and use.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.