Are you looking for better ways to focus on growing your business’s bottom-line? If so, one of the easiest decisions any business owner can make is outsourcing their accounting operations. There are many reasons to do this besides just being rid of the hassle that comes along with bookkeeping. Let’s take a look at a few.
Six Reasons Outsourcing your Accounting Operations is the Right Choice
1. Better use of time. By outsourcing your accounting operations, you free up valuable time that can be better spent elsewhere. Pouring over the books on back-end office operations can be a huge hassle that takes away precious company time. This time can be better spent on daily operations and bringing in new customers. Get the distractions of in-house accounting out of your office by outsourcing your bookkeeping.
2. Cut down on costs. Outsourced accounting operations save you money by eliminating costly benefit packages to a full-time or part-time employee. When you outsource accounting, you only pay for the actual accounting, nothing else. This saves in productivity costs as well as payroll costs. The cost benefit analysis of outsourced accounting vs. in-house bookkeeping can save up to 40% in monthly costs.
3. Reduced Fraud. According to Association of Certified Fraud Examiner’s study released in 2012, most common victims of fraud are privately owned small businesses with less than 100 employees with an astounding median fraud amount of $147,000. This is due the fact that most small companies don’t have access to a controller or CFO who could look at the KPI and metrics which show abnormal activity in the transactional and billing data. Accounting controls and external audits are responsible for 26% of the cases in the study for detecting or preventing fraud. With Outsourced accounting small businesses can afford a CFO/controller who can look for fraud signs and implement proper fraud protection controls.
4. Accountants know accounting. By outsourcing your accounting operations to a professional accounting firm, you’re effectively hiring a team of experts. Professional accountants know the tax codes and laws backwards and forwards—it’s their job. They work around the clock for your business by keeping up with the latest tax information, affording you full-time coverage for only part-time pay. Staffing options are considered and executed per task, so you’ll only have the most experienced and qualified individuals on your side, right where you need them.
5. Collaborative accounting is better. No matter how you look at it, having a team of professional accountants working on your books is going to be better than having an in-house employee keeping them. Whether it’s you, a part-time accountant or full-time employee who takes on the task of accounting, the job is just not getting the proper attentions. There are tons of loopholes and exemptions out there and one individual is just not enough to find them all for you. Outsourcing your accounting operations affords you a team of people, all double-checking each other to ensure that all the right findings are being found.
This also means that you can have your departments separate from each other. With just one in-house accountant, it’s too difficult to hold departmental purchasing and spending individually accountable. This creates cracks for services to fall through. With a team of accountants, the man power is right for separating all of the departments and really getting down to the nitty-gritty of each sector, allowing the fine-toothed comb to find more ways for you to keep your money.
6. Scalable options. Last, but certainly not least, we have scalable options. When you outsource your accounting operations, it becomes simple to expand and grow your business or find places to cut down on spending. Accounting firms can provide you with lists of options, giving you valuable feedback and suggestions that will raise your profits at the end of the day. Whatever your long-term goals are with your business, earning more money—and keeping more of it—will help you achieve them. Essentially, outsourcing gives you tons of flexibility and options.
Finding the Best Accountants to Outsource Accounting
Now that you see how beneficial outsourcing your accounting really is, the next step is finding the right one for your business. There are various accounting firms out there to assist you in taking control of the future of your business by delegating a little bit of your responsibility.
More Business articles from Business 2 Community:
- Anthropologie: Small Business Branding Lessons From a Major Brand
- What Is Lead Generation And How Can Businesses Benefit From It?
- 10 Online Marketing Strategies That Don’t Cost A Dime
- A Methodical Approach to Content Marketing
- Content Czar or Content by Committee? How to Organize for Content Marketing