Did you know that your landing pages are just as, if not more important than your website home page? Often, a landing page is your opportunity to not only introduce yourself to new prospects but it also needs to be optimized for as high a conversion rate as possible. SmartBug Media has created an infographic to remind us of the essentials of an effective landing page:
- Create a Compelling Headline: This step is crucial to encourage people to stay on your landing page. Remember, you can A/B test more than one headline to be as effective as possible.
- Make Sure Your Instructions on Next Steps Are Clear: Don’t make your visitor work too hard for the end goal – tell them the next steps to take.
- Provide Testimonials When Relevant
- Add Social Sharing Icons
- Insert Images
- Remove Site Navigation: You may think you are losing opportunity for additional traffic but remember a landing page is hyper focused which means you should only provide your visitor with the one clear path to completion.
- Build the Form: I have seen studies that say a longer form yields more qualified prospects and other studies that recommend a 2-step optin where there is only a button, not a form. Which approach works best for you?
- Include Bullet Points
- Efficiently Convey the Value of Your Offer: I would add to this point that the value of your offer needs to be tied into the solution your prospect is looking for. If it does not, they will leave your landing page quickly.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: Anatomy of a Landing Page (Infographic)
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community: