Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and our inboxes are heating up with plenty of love-fueled messages touting everything from flowers and wine to tech devices and chocolate. Yes, please, to all of the above! This year, Valentine’s Day spending is projected to increase six percent according to a consumer survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics for the National Retail Federation. Total spending is expected to reach $18.9 billion – a survey high. With that much cash on the line, everyone is vying for a piece of your heart and your wallet.
We perused our inboxes for a few of our favorites and thought we’d share the love.
Starting at the top with some standout subject lines:
- Love is… 100% Chocolate
- Fall in love at first step
- You’re My Favorite
- Hurry, Cupid’s Counting Down! Send a Special Greeting Card
- We’re making Valentine’s Day a little sweeter
- Show your files some love
- A Valentine’s Day present any self-respecting music fan will love
- Vogue loves you: Our Valentine’s Day special
- Float Their Boat This Valentine’s Day!
- Valentine’s Day and iPad. Made for each other
- For love or money?
- Valentine’s Day gifts for your one and only.
- Free Shipping On Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts
- You’ll ❤ Key Pieces for the Season
- We’ve got a crush (or two). How about you?
- Make Valentine’s Day Oh-So-Dreamy! Plus, Get $15 Off $100
- Ten Ways to Say “I Love You”
- The clock is ticking! Send Rebecca a Valentine’s Day bouquet from just $29.99
- Cupid’s Here with Wine, Chocolates & $0 Shipping
- Who’s the object of our fashion affection this month?
- Here’s 50% off for Valentine’s Day. Go on, take it. Nobody’s watching…
- Will You Be Our Valentine? Sweepstakes, News, & More To Show Our LUV
- New ♥ PDF Pattern & Made with #%*!?
- Last Chance to Get the Look You Love Before V-Day
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for humans. According to the study mentioned above, “a record one in five (21.2%) say they will include Fluffy and Fido in their Valentine’s Day plans, looking to spend a mere $5.28 on average – which equates to a whopping $703 million on pint-sized gifts of all varieties.” Here’s one from BarkBox that puts humor and a little “ruv in the air.”
February 14 doesn’t have to be all candy and kisses. Fitbit reminds us that loving yourself (or someone else) by getting fit is also chic.
We’re always a sucker for cute creative this time of year, and this cork heart by Invino had us swooning:
Southwest Airlines used the classic conversation hearts to start a Valentine’s Day conversation with subscribers:
Who doesn’t need gift ideas? Uncommon Goods delivered the goods with their top ten gift list:
Not a retailer on Valentine’s Day? Not a problem. One Medical Group shares the local love with San Francisco by offering a new member promo.
Showing every B2B company that you, too, can get into the Valentine’s spirit, check out this example from Hightail (formerly YouSendIt).
Turntable Kitchen, a vinyl and cooking subscription box woos us with a lovely quote, an enticing comparison (a three month subscription box full of recipes, ingredients, and music is cheaper than a dozen roses), a cocktail recipe, and contest giveaway. What’s not to love?
How will you share the love this Valentine’s Day and get a piece of that $18.9 billion?
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: Emails We Love, Just In Time For Valentine’s Day
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community: